X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baff007
    • Sep 2003

HELP! Cant set sound using FLASK0594

HELP! Cant set sound using FLASK0594

I rip the dvd using smart ripper, i then use the flask program to convert them into mpeg4 using the below guide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Open FlaskMpeg. If you get an error you will have to run 'register DivX' from the DivX file you downloaded.
    Once opened choose english and then 'lets start'. Now click file and locate the file you ripped with smart ripper.
    Make sure MPEG video track 0xE0 is highlighted and the audio should be 0x80, then click flask it!

Now click options>global project options.
    choose width as 640 and height as 480. Time base should be 25 for UK and 24 for US films ( this should be chosen for you).
    Click Audio tab at top and make sure Decode audio is ticked.
    Click files and choose where you want the compressed version of your DVD to be sent.
    Click general and under miscellaneous you can choose to shutdown your computer after

Click options>output format options. Under video click select codec and choose DivX MPEG4 low motion then click configure. In the data rate option change to 700ish.(or use the calculator, the higher this is the better the quality but if too much over 700 it may not fit a single CD). Change the crispness slide bar to 75. Change the key frame to 1. click OK and ok again.
    Now click the Audio Codec and change the format to MPEG 3 and attributes to 96kbs, then click ok, and ok again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when i set the video codec to DivX MPEG4 and change the settings, when i leave and go back to it, the settings are still the same, (another words they have saved). When i set the sound to MPEG 3 and attributes to 96kbs and exit, i return to the sound option and it has gone back to its default format of PCM with attributes of 48KHz, 16bit, stereo 187kb/sec. (another words it will not save my required setting.

The dvd conversion works fine in both picture and sound, but because it will not save my settings, the file size i wish to obtain by using a bit rate calculator always means the file size is always smaller than i require?

Can you help me set the stereo setting to MPEG 3 and attributes to 96kbs???
  • baff007
    • Sep 2003

bttt

Comment

• robotZER0
      • Sep 2003

Get the latest version of FlaskMpeg...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Download and install the Radium .MP3 codec

2) Reboot

3) Desktop>>Start>>Settings>>Multimedia>>Devices>>Audio Compression Codecs

4) Disable all .MP3 codecs EXCEPT the one that has "Professional" as part of its name

5) Reboot

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

) Download and install the Radium .MP3 codec
          ==>>

Codec: FHG Radium MP3 codec v1.263 (Released June 26, 1999) - this codec was released by an audio warez group, thereby it's illegal to technically use.
          stop blaming other users of this board that they were *promoting warez* or in other words stop behaving like a hypocrit.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

"this codec was released by an audio warez group, thereby it's illegal to technically use."

I'm not aware of this being the case.

But in any event (and, surprisingly, it's been a while), feel free to keep trying to "get under my skin" ;>}

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

stop playing games - that's all i want

I'm not aware of this being the case.
              of course

same for divx3?

i dont really want to spend my time on checking any possible replies of yours on that *illegal matter*

stop *reporting* postings or be way more consequent

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

"stop *reporting* postings or be way more consequent"

As any reports to moderator that I make are made to "admin", at his request, feel free to (once again, if I remember correctly) discuss this topic with him...

Have a nice day

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

discuss this topic with him...
                  will be done...as always

Comment

Working...