X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

@Kabuchan - I saw Babe at best buy on sale for like $9.99 you may want to check them out.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• lgboro
      • Nov 2005

BB is just as bad now as it was when they first attempted to go into the online rental business. Takes a week to ship not receive a movie from my Q. Even worse, try to contact them to cancel this crap nonservice - next to impossible. No amount of coupons would salvage this terrible service...

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by lgboro
        BB is just as bad now as it was when they first attempted to go into the online rental business. Takes a week to ship not receive a movie from my Q. Even worse, try to contact them to cancel this crap nonservice - next to impossible. No amount of coupons would salvage this terrible service...
        Oh good luck with canceling I tried that once before, they stopped sending movies and kep billing me. I had to cancle that credit card to stop it.

The only reason I have it now if for the tv shows I cant get instore.

And its friday and I just my next 3

I will turn them in tonight and get my next 3 next friday.

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by lgboro

It was just a lil better than NF without Total Access but now with it, it is a no brainer for me to keep it. With 2 NF 3@time plans I couldn't get what I get from BB with TA, the swapping at the store and the free ecoupons.

November was dynamite for me no trouble at all, December was great with a couple of bumps and January is off to a great start also. Sending an email or calling them pays off with a lil persistance.

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

Well jm,

Everyone seems to be ganging up on you, so I thought I would post & help you out a bit!

I can't understand all the hostility against BB; I mean, where else are you going to get rentals, including new releases for approx. $1.00 each? (or less)

I know the whole bit about the throttling, and I am being throttled too; however, I choose not cancel the service & pay the standard rental prices of $2.00 to $6.00 of the video stores in my area.

The bigger picture here is; ALL BUSINESSES LIE! Big Business, Small Business, they are all run by greed $$$ these days, & all that matters to them is how much $$$ they can grab along the way, no matter who they step on.

So, I don't know why everyone is surprised at the throttling that is going on, & all the dishonesty...It's the way of the world these days. I am not happy about it at all, & I understand that no one else posting on here is either, but unfortunantly, there doesn't seem to be a cure in sight.

....I don't expect them to be honest with me...I would like them to be...

So, I will just accept my "throttled" membership (grumble) with BB, get as many movies/games as I can, call the 800# (wasting even more of my precious time) every 2 weeks to complain & get my 3 free ecoupons & go on with life...

...Not happy about it, but that's as good as it gets...

P.S. - I believe none of what I hear, & half of what I see...

Bottom line is; Right now, there doesn't seem to be a better deal in town... (unfortunantly)

Regards, katz
            Last edited by katzdvd; 7 Jan 2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• dannydkd
              • Feb 2006

I have blockbuster on line service and I am very happy with it. I'm getting 6 or more new movies a week. I got 3 via the mail and I will take them back today to the store and get 3 more. It makes a difference on how you que your movies. I look at what new movies are coming out in the future and put them in my que. Like I already have movies in my que that will come out Tuesday. When I turn these movies in then I will be ready to receive the new movies coming out this week.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

@dannykd - I do the same thing

@katzdvd - I call and email if and when there is a problem and usually don't stop until the ecoupons = what I would have received in the mail and swapped in.

About the delay in shipping when checking in to a store, some people mentioned they were told it takes days to ship the next one...BB normally doesn't ship on the weekends and this is from their webpage about TA. The bold I did.

When you exchange online DVDs at your local BLOCKBUSTER store your next movie is shipped right away, but it may take 1-2 days for the title returned to the store to clear from your queue

Last edited by jm1647; 7 Jan 2007, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Nov 2005

BB has generally worked well for me, except past week with PO closed on Mon and Tues.
                  By the way, did you see this thread about Netflix suing BB.
                  Talk about general digital video topics not part of the categories/forums below

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
                    BB has generally worked well for me, except past week with PO closed on Mon and Tues.
                    By the way, did you see this thread about Netflix suing BB.
                    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=64497
                    Same here, I think the PO got swamped, 3 shipped by BB on the 3rd I just reported as not received yet. I normally get mine the day after they ship them.

BB recommends keeping ~30 to 40 movies in your queue. I keep ~60. They also say they will ship you the DVDs that can get to you in the normal mail time 2-3 days. Most of the time my DVDs are shipped in the order they are in my queue but occasionally they don't.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                      Queen of Digital Video
                      Queen of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2004

BB have never once shipped any thing in order of my queue and they continue to ignore my queue, I continue to complaine and they send me 1 coupon per week for an instore rental.

They email me back saying they can not garentee that movies get shipped in the order we place them even if they are avalible. I told them that was not a good way to run a business they sent me one more free rental. Sopranos season 2 is still the first set in my queue and they still have yet to ship any of sopranos season 2. I did get the first 3 of season 3 though.

Edit:

As we can all see some of the BB online distribution centers are good while others need HELP. LOL

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                        BB have never once shipped any thing in order of my queue and they continue to ignore my queue, I continue to complaine and they send me 1 coupon per week for an instore rental.
                        I must be a better complainer than you , I've gotten 5 since the week of Christmas, with the trouble they have had. I just keep responding to the emails they send and keep calling.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2004

@jm1647,

Dont take this the wrong way but maybe you have one of those intimadating accents. LOL

When I used to work in a customer service call center there used to be at leaste 5 girls there that when they got calls from, NY, NJ, PA or RI the most common states where people have that (MOB) accent you know they accent that all the mobsters in all the mob movies have.

I have seen women just cave when they hear that accent for frear the people they were taling to were Mob related.

Funny as it may sound it was true.

I have tried to call many times and have never been able to get through just a busy signal.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

@jm1647,

Dont take this the wrong way but maybe you have one of those intimadating accents. LOL

When I used to work in a customer service call center there used to be at leaste 5 girls there that when they got calls from, NY, NJ, PA or RI the most common states where people have that (MOB) accent you know they accent that all the mobsters in all the mob movies have.

I have seen women just cave when they hear that accent for frear the people they were taling to were Mob related.

Funny as it may sound it was true.

I have tried to call many times and have never been able to get through just a busy signal.
                            yeah I tell them how woud you like a horse head in your bed

They have had trouble so it might be busy. I've been using email and just keep responding back, and the account is in my daighters name, so it looks like the emails are from a woman, They must think my daughter is like Charlize Therion in Monster. They might be giving the ecoupons just to stop the emails

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

OMG I got them on the phone

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

OMG I got them on the phone
                                Normally the phone centers are closed on the weekend IAW the website M-F only. Email is 24/7 with a response in 2-4 hours IAW the website

Comment

Working...