X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vash
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • May 2005

hi, been running into same problem three times now. i've tried all but the first encoder, since it said it takes very long. the avi to dvd process produces no sound. the final dvd plays on my computer in power dvd and wmp no problem. on my stand alone player the audio track is kinda like a fly buzzing around the room.

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

I found this to be a great list:

Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...

Comment

• vash
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • May 2005

hey thanks soup i'll def. look into that.
        if the file plays fine on my pc, wouldn't i already have the required codecs?

Comment

• brownbox
          Questioneer!
          • Feb 2006

Hmm I got this error. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Comment

• vash
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • May 2005

brownbox,

sounds like you need to download the fourcc codecs for your player.
            or try "ffdshow" - get it from http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiw...etting+ffdshow

Comment

• brownbox
              Questioneer!
              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by vash
              brownbox,

sounds like you need to download the fourcc codecs for your player.
              or try "ffdshow" - get it from http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiw...etting+ffdshow
              Hi. I tried to go to the link but I got an error.

"An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: ffdshow.sourceforge.net
              2. URL path: /tikiw...etting+ffdshow
              3. Error notes: File does not exist: /home/groups/f/ff/ffdshow/htdocs/tikiw...etting+ffdshow
              4. Error type: 404
              5. Request method: GET
              6. Request query string:
              7. Time: 2006-02-26 22:36:52 PST (1141022212)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):
              Contact the project via their designated support resources.
              Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a member of the project that maintains this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding the project web service for further assistance."

Comment

• benbryant
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Aug 2005

Hi brownbox,

Please download and install the latest version of Koepi's XviD 1.1.0-30122005 from the link below:

Regards

Comment

• vash
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • May 2005

brownbox,

try scrolling up 4 windows to soups post. that link should take you there.

Comment

• brownbox
                    Questioneer!
                    • Feb 2006

Thanks Muchly. I got it to work now.

one more question. I was just curious. What if the file doesn't show any thing for the "Choose Audio Stream"?

Does it mean that my file will have no sound when I burn it? Is there a way I can put sound on it? The file is a concert. Let me know. Thanks.

EDIT
                    I cant burn the file since I can't choose an audio. Can someone help?
                    Last edited by brownbox; 28 Feb 2006, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

@ benbryant. Has there been any prominent updates to Avi2Dvd in the last little while? I know about HcEnc. Also would this Xvid replace Nic's or would it be in addition to it?

Comment

• benbryant
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Aug 2005

@ benbryant. Has there been any prominent updates to Avi2Dvd in the last little while? I know about HcEnc. Also would this Xvid replace Nic's or would it be in addition to it?
                        The latest version of Avi2Dvd is still 0.4.3 Beta which comes with the older HCEnc version 0.1.6. We can use HCEnc version 0.1.7 by renaming the batch file HCenc_017 to HCbatch.exe as already shown in the avi2Dvd's guide. IMHO, Koepi XviD and Nic XviD are equally the same great tools. They both come with decoder and encoder for us to play or open and to make XviD files. I, in fact use Nic's XviD. You can use either Nic or Koepi (no need to use both though) with wonderful result

Regards

Comment

• kingaaa
                          • Mar 2006

Hi There
                          Forgive me for sounding totally out of my depth, it's my first post and I'm new to all this.If I want to burn an averege size avi movie (7.5G??) onto a standard dvd-rw (4.7G), exactly how many programs do I need to use? Do I use a "shrinking" program to fit it on? do I have to convert the avi to dvd? what exactly is re-authoring? I have roxio 8 on my pc, and beleive me, any advice will be appreciated.I've spent the last 4 nights trying to get my head around this and I'm so close to throwing this computer out the window it's unbeleveable!!

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

That is a pretty decent size file, you are probably going to have to pack breakfast, lunch & dinner to convert that one over to make it dvd compliant. Just read this thread from the start & it should tell you what you need to know.

Comment

• kingaaa
                              • Mar 2006

See what I mean about not knowing what I'm talking about? the movie is 700 meg not 7 gig, it should easily fit on a 4.5 gig disc, but every thing I've tried I ran into problems.I tried reading the thread from the start, but I gotta tell you, I felt like a kid on his first day in French class, I did'nt understand a thing, I really need somebody to dumb it right down for me.............

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

Did you grab this guide because it is the one I used the first time & I knew next to nothing about this stuff or computers & that was in November 2005. You might need to ask a couple of questions along the way but that is what the Forum is for.

Last edited by soup; 3 Mar 2006, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...