Basic Guide How to Convert AVI Files to DVD with Avi2DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ginblossom
    • Sep 2004

Thanks for that tip Ben, missing link in the chain holding me to this desk for quite some time.

All working now and, me being me, went for max quality with no regard for time .
    5 and a half hrs later I wound up with a joined avi file identical to the two original files, a DVD file of around 2.8 gig and an iso file of same size roughly which I burned as an image to DVD .
    Is this sounding correct?
    As it turned out the quality of the image had deteriorated from IMO around 90% in AVI form to maybe 75% in iso and didnt play very well.
    having said that im happy that I managed to complete the exercise and will dig a little more when I have time.

Log file is as follows
    [9:05:20 PM] AVI2DVD Started !
    [9:05:41 PM] Type mode : Avi Input
    [9:05:41 PM] Output : Dvd
    [9:05:41 PM] Encoder Selected : HCEnc
    [9:05:41 PM] Video Join ...
    [9:10:21 PM] Video Joined successfully! [C:\Movies\DejaVu CD Joined.avi 1461413328 Bytes]
    [9:10:21 PM] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
    [9:12:21 PM] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.mp3 140740512 Bytes]
    [9:12:21 PM] Starts Audio correction ...
    [9:13:36 PM] Audio Fixed successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.mp3 140740640 Bytes]
    [9:13:36 PM] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...
    [9:21:06 PM] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 333230592 Bytes]
    [9:21:06 PM] Start creating avisynth script ...
    [9:21:06 PM] Avisynth script created successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Avisynth_Script_File.avs 159 Bytes]
    [9:21:08 PM] Bitrate used : 4773 Kbpps
    [9:21:08 PM] Start video encoding ...
    [1:21:32 AM] Video encoded successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video.m2v 4142016239 Bytes]
    [1:21:32 AM] Muxing Video+Audio(s) ...
    [1:38:40 AM] M2v muxed successfully ! [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video_Muxed.mpg 2289819648 Bytes]
    [1:38:40 AM] Zero subtitles found
    [1:38:40 AM] Author script generation ...
    [1:38:41 AM] Author script generated successfully !
    [1:38:41 AM] Start authoring ...
    [2:04:52 AM] Dvd authored successfully ! [ C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\DVD ]
    [2:04:52 AM] Generating iso ...
    [2:27:51 AM] Iso generated successfully ! This is the file that you must burn --> [C:\Movies\Avi2dvd_temp\DVD_Image.iso 2290855936 Bytes]
    [2:27:51 AM] Job Done !!!
    [2:27:51 AM] All Jobs Done !!!

Thanks for the support & let me know if you have any recommendations that might be of use
    Last edited by ginblossom; 29 Jan 2007, 08:23 PM. Reason: added detail

Comment

• integra
      • Oct 2005

Hello Benbryant and others,
      your how to instruction is very clear and summarized. I have some movies under WMV and AVI files but struggle burning it. Now I have captured your post and worked on it right now. I do not know the result yet but thanks so much for posting it.
      Regards,
      Integra

Comment

• Chizzmo
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Nov 2005

I've got another problem trying to convert. My problem now is I've made an AVI file with a program that takes photos and music together and creates a type of slide show. My problem is the file works fine as it is on my comp but I want to convert it to DVD and when I load AVI2DVD it doesnt recognize and sound. And it will not proceed without sound. There is a sound track to it so I'm not too sure what my next move would be???? Any help would be muchly appreciated.
        Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

Please use virtualdub(mod) to convert the audio as explained onthe post #70 of this thread. Good luck

Regards

Comment

• Chizzmo
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Nov 2005

Tried all that in post #70. Still says there are no audio files available. I used the freeware program PhototoFilm to create the avi file. Is it maybe just a bad program to use for this kinda conversion?
            Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• benbryant
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Aug 2005

@Chizzmo

Please try this free but wonderful software fro making slideshow to see if it is better

Regards

Comment

• Chizzmo
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Nov 2005

@benbryant

Thank-you very much. Will definatly try it a.s.a.p. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Cheers
                Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• Chizzmo
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Nov 2005

Tried the new program and it doesnt seem to work very well. I cant seem to get the audio codec to work for me. The project I'm working on is a very big slideshow, roughly 550 pics along with a 45 minute audio track. Which is why I figured I need to put this finnished video on a DVD. The only real idea I had was find something that would have an AVI output and then use AVI2DVD to flip it over and put it on a DVD. I'm starting to think this might not be completely possible. Any other ideas out there???? PLEASE!!! and thank you.
                  Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• src2206
                    • Jan 2007

Can a menu be also created using AVI2DVD?
                    And moreover it seems to take a hell lot of time!

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

Hi SRC,

I just opened up the AVI2DVD 0.4.4 and TAB 5 has the Menu Creation Choice ... however ... I have never used that funtion ... only converted AVI to DVD for playing back in the Van.

G!

Comment

• benbryant
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Aug 2005

@Chizzmo

I didn't realize that Slide Show Movie Maker has its limit for making a smaller file size. Can you create several smaller .avi files with audio, append them with VitualDub(Mod), and then finally encode everything with Avi2Dvd?

Comment

• src2206
                          • Jan 2007

Thank you G! for the information. I'll try it out and let you know here.

Comment

• Zerodein
                            • Feb 2007

Help

hi, i am new to all this but i have followed your guide step by step, the only problem i having is that once i press go, the following happens, (copied the log file)

[00:08:52] AVI2DVD Started !
                            [00:08:54] Type mode : Avi Input
                            [00:08:54] Output : Dvd
                            [00:08:54] Encoder Selected : HCEnc
                            [00:08:54] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
                            [00:09:17] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\My Videos\movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.mp3 93277824 Bytes]
                            [00:09:19] Audio extracted renamed successfully ! [C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\My Videos\movies\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.mp3 89473248 Bytes]
                            [00:09:19] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...

and once the Mp3->Ac3 covertion starts, an error message pops up with, "Couldn't Execute the Application". I have tried to do it changing the encoders, changing the audio bitrate up and down, but it still keeps coming with that same error,

any help would be appreciated,

Comment

• src2206
                              • Jan 2007

Ok I also received somewhat similar error massege.
                              So one more here who needs help.

Comment

• benbryant
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Aug 2005

I don't know for sure what kind of AVi file you have: XviD, DivX,... and audio type. If you don't have XviD codec in your system readily, please download and install Koepi's XviD from the link below to see if it helps:

Download the latest version of the XviD codec, which is needed to play and create XviD videos. We offer free downloads for both Windows and Mac users.

Regards

Comment

Working...