X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
    reflash if necessary, the final flash for that old memorex was another crossflash to the last liteon in that
    generation/family
    did that to the 832s, got crazy and tried to burn a dual layer with it off the bat, made an expensive coaster(maybe this one I'll save...LOL) I'll include the log and I went to open it with Imgburn to see if I could burn another and this is the message I got (see bmp).
    Looking in the folder the Iso File is at 0kb and there is a LST file and a ISO.0-ISO.6 files that can't be opened. don't want to make another coaster here may try with one of my dl's from scratch, why not what else do I have to do tonight? oh that partiton the folder is in is NFTS not a fat32 partion.
    Attached Files
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
      No. CD/DVD Speed is a testing program, not a burning program.
      In the create disc tab you can actually burn an iso file rather than creating a data file, done it a number of times. On the right side in settings box tick the burn image, hit start and it will ask what file you want to burn. It must be a single ISO file not broken up like a fat32 filesystem would do.
      Last edited by dmanshead; 11 Jun 2006, 06:38 PM.
      Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

A brand new burner is lucky to make a good dual layer, that old memorex
        probably is too far over the hill. Check and see if problematic sl media burns any better. Not worth wasting much time on, this whole exercise was an educational one.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

sonic,
          it would seem that the reflash took and worked well, I had a hunch that
          it would, either that or you had a bad drive, we got lucky, issues resolved,
          but verbatim is not as good as Taiyo Yuden

Comment

• dmanshead
            • Dec 2005

Well I burned a movie with the memorex flahed to 832s and it burned but in verifying it wouldn't work, thought I made a coaster, but it plays on my standalone and am waiting to see if it makes it to the end. Tried to do a scan with cd-dvd speed but no dice there either. Recalled in reading about omnipatcher if you use the general patches that it comes packed with, if you have problems to reflash without that general patch. hit disc info and it said I had a rw disc in(it was + and should have been rom). I got to thinking the automatic bitsetting patch was giving me problems, so I reflashed the drive without it.
            Put another disc in to scan and viola, it scanned. Gave a poor scan and then contemplating the issue, realized 8x was much to fast for the old burner tried 4x and got a better result.
            I will rescan the movie I burned if it finishes in the standalone. Probably will do it with the nec too. I know that the firmware isn't mature for my burnrer yet, so these scans did poorly when orginally done as I was using - media, but here they are.
            Don't know if I am willing to burn another dual layer with this burner unless I could find some real cheap.
            Attached Files
            Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
              • Dec 2005

Ok it played but still would not do a quality scan in nero. Here's the info scan, so I think, the automatic bitsetting was causing problems. These discs were cheap I may just burn another and see what happens with it.
              The NEC would scan it and while at it i figured I would see what kind of results I would get at different speeds scanning, hopefully to see what works best as a scanning speed for it. Seems like 5x gives the better result.
              I think Chewy may be on to something about not burning to the end of a disc, as I seems to have lots of issuses after 4.0 gig on alot of backups. this will require some more digging into. Too bad the wife likes all the extra crap they include with the movie., It's better to leave it in than have her get the originals out to watch it.
              here's the scans
              Attached Files
              Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
                • Dec 2005

here is a scan of a create disk i did with the drive, nothing seems to help it.

I wonder what flashing it back to a memorex would do?
                Attached Files
                Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

dman,
                  look more like bad disks than bad firmware, the 832 was not a very good burner for even liteons.

Comment

• NightTran
                    King of Digital Video
                    King of Digital Video
                    • Aug 2005

this rate you may have to lower your target to 3600
                    sigpic

Comment

• dmanshead
                      • Dec 2005

It didn't do much better using better discs, I'm skeptical of trying them, gusee it's about time it was retired
                      Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

I pulled one of these 1100 out of a computer, the people said it wouldn't burn dvd's, they had tried -R's, it had burned quite a few cd's and had a broken face plate. I did the hardest crossflash I have ever done and made it into a nec 1300, it went into safe mode(light flashing) and I figured it was toast,
                        I reflashed but this time powered down after the flash not rebooted, it was fine. Took a dvd-r(TY) and burned it(original 1100 only did +R), scanned it with my benq, put the old drive in the bottom of a box, uck!

Comment

• NightTran
                          King of Digital Video
                          King of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
                          No. CD/DVD Speed is a testing program, not a burning program.
                          you can burn with 4.51.1
                          sigpic

Comment

• copyless
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Apr 2006

Yes, I was wrong about that, my apologies.

I never tried to burn an image, only data test.

Comment

• johndoh453
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • May 2006

This a great tool. I just found some blank DVD's hiding in my room and i ran this program to find out that they suck!! 1x DVD-R's

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by johndoh453
                                This a great tool. I just found some blank DVD's hiding in my room and i ran this program to find out that they suck!! 1x DVD-R's
                                only if you have a benq and Qsuit
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...