Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I have not been impressed with 4x or even 8x verbatims, my scans of older burns leave a lot to be desired

course that may be due in part to older burns were done on older drives

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
      I have not been impressed with 4x or even 8x verbatims, my scans of older burns leave a lot to be desired

course that may be due in part to older burns were done on older drives

I agree 100% with verbatim I never impress with them 4x 8x and even 16x, To me TY is the best specially TY 02 ( never land on any 01 and dont want to try 03 However many pp here can't or dont want to paid for that TY + or do not like - all my back up are TY unless testing then I use others media even verbatim, Buy TY first then other are crap Time will tell what I say
      sigpic

Comment

• jagsr71
        • Jan 2005

If I'm storing my iso.'s on a 50 disc spindles am I damaging them? I'm extremely careful with them. Should I be going to a vertical storage box such as this aluminum case w/ sleeves that holds 600? A pretty good price btw. Been using the Fujifilm DVD+R 8x Made in Japan.

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Not a good idea to continue storing them on a spindle.

If you like the aluminum case idea, go with it. You don't want those backups sitting on a spindle 2 or 3 years from now.

Comment

• jagsr71
            • Jan 2005

Thanks. I'll take your advice. What would be the end result by storing them on a spindle? Do they warp or do touch and eventually scratch? Just curious since they ship in this fashion I thought they'd store well in this fashion as well. Obviously I'm waay off.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by jagsr71
              Thanks. I'll take your advice. What would be the end result by storing them on a spindle? Do they warp or do touch and eventually scratch? Just curious since they ship in this fashion I thought they'd store well in this fashion as well. Obviously I'm waay off.
              Storing burned dvd's on a spindal would be a night mare to find a certaine movie. You would always be taking them all out to find one and more chance for scratching them that way.

When they are sold that way they are blank and you are using the one from the top all the time and not getting one 50discs under the rest and then putting them back.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jagsr71
                • Jan 2005

ok. This is just for peace of mind. So theoretically if I have not been going back looking for a certain movie (which I haven't). I've just been placing them on the spindle as I back-up each ISO master... then they should probably be alright? I also keep them in a drawer, safe and out of the sunlight. BTW- Just ordered the aluminum case. Thanks!

Comment

• Figaro14
                  • Jan 2007

Hey all of you super-sluths!

Can you tell me if this product...

is the exact same thing as this one?

CDR DVDR Media has it for $11.51 less plus free shipping if it is.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2006

I would think that it is the same. It appears the to be the same.
                    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                      • Apr 2005

The cheaper one is
                      Tough light weight aluminium, CD/DVD case with handle and lock. Dimension: 12" x 17" x 7.5"

The other: Size is 19" Inches Long by 12" Inches Wide by 8" Inches Tall
                      Solid Aluminum Frame & Plastic Body Finish

Comment

• ipaulo
                        • Apr 2006

Here are some more cases that are made with much higher quality construction. But they don't have the hanging feature, which I like. They say if you use the soft sleeves or the view pack sleeves you'll get way more capacity. I wonder if there the same thing as paper sleeves? Earlier in this thread it was mention that storing in paper sleeves was not a good ideal. Also if the case is not filled to capacity then the disk will be leaning, and I take thats not a good ideal either. I suppose a spacer could be used to keep them at a 90 degree angle. But someone mention that the disk should lay flat. What do you guys think? http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/hom...tion?q=CD+CASE
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ipaulo; 20 Feb 2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

I have found the paper sleeves to be fairly gentle on the disks, the wallets
                          are more dangerous unless special care is used inserting and removing the disks. The hanging method looks like it would be very safe.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

has anyone tried these and compared quality to the 16x dvd+r verbatim and/or the sony mij 8x yudent02's

Comment

• camj979
                              Hyperactive
                              • Feb 2006

Chewy...who sells those Sony MIJ 8x Yudent02's (50 or 100 spindle) you mentioned?? I've been looking for months for them but can't seem to find them anywhere. The only Sony's I find are the ones made in Taiwan (still good, but ya can't beat the Japan ones.)

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

they are an endangered species and old stock seems to be it, places like sears etc

I gave up looking months ago

afaik there were no 100 spindles here in the usa of them

Comment

Working...