What are your all time favourite movies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoisback
    • Jan 2002

old times huh?? damn that film was a wehile ago.. i think i saw a rerun on TV in the last 6months but i cant be too sure... but that was a cool film but i dunno.. it was a bit cheesy on graphics a bit wasnt it???
    http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/lewis/171/db02.html

Comment

• rkg333
      • Feb 2002

I have 2 favorite movies, which are:

LOTR
      5`th element

Comment

• Simon T
        • Nov 2001

Ben Hur

I think Ben Hur ('58-'59) also need to be mentioned in this poll. Don't forget the old movies, folks.

Movies like The Martrix are now in and I also like him, but will people remember this movie in 2040?? I don't think so because there are more movies with the same idea. I've seen one last year with exact the same idea, but it was an eigthies-movie and don't ask me the name.
        Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• Lady Morgane
          • Dec 2001

Same idea?... ??

Simon T: You talked about an 80s movie... which movie is it?... with the same idea of Matrix?...

I would like to know which one are you talking about!... I'm so intriged!

Thank you

P.S.: I agree with u, we can't forget the old movies!

Comment

• levendis
            • Jan 2002

Re: Ben Hur

Originally posted by Simon T
            Movies like The Martrix are now in and I also like him, but will people remember this movie in 2040?? I don't think so because there are more movies with the same idea. I've seen one last year with exact the same idea, but it was an eigthies-movie and don't ask me the name.

Of course, because the idea is the central image of Western civilization, Plato's allegory of the cave from Book 6 of The Republic. With a little Nietzsche thrown in at the end just for kicks... Neo flying off like Zarathustra. There wasn't an original idea in The Matrix, but the Wachowski Bros. did a tremendous job of exploring the implications of the cave within a context that would appeal to modern-day youth.
            Dark City dealt with the same idea, but with the opposite conclusion. Plenty of others have as well, going back to Fritz Lang's Metropolis, but most not as thoroughly as Dark City and The Matrix.
            I wonder what the Wachowskis are going to do philosophically with The Matrix sequels... possibly Plato's higher cave in the Laws, as a segway to more late-modern Nietzschean ideas?

Comment

• neoisback
              • Jan 2002

wow thats way too deep for my miniscule brain.. ill go back a read some comics maybe ill learn sumthing.. books are to prospective at the moment...

Comment

• fraggi
                • Dec 2001

All Time Favourite Movie List!

Here is the list of my favourite movies :

1) Zorbas the Greek. Nothing like the book by Nikos Kazantzakis but the director (michalis Kakogiannis) seems to grasp the grandeur of his masterpiece.

2) Usual Suspects. The plot, the actors, the script says it all. I keep on watching that film 'til the 100th time. ( ... and like that ... pfff .. He's gone....) ) (65 more to go )

3)Blade Runner. The effects are stunning.

4)A clockwork orange. It applies to all of us for ever and ever.

5)Taxi driver. When I was a young boy I wanted to be a taxi driver.

6)Apocalypse Now. A masterpiece of all times about Vietnamese war.

7)Godfather Part I.Absolutely fantastic acting for all actor, with Marlon Brando at the peak of his acting performance.

8)Sixth Sense. It still keeps sending chill up my spine.
                It's a pity that after the first time I watched it, I could be able to tell what would happen at the end :/

9)GoodFellas. I still enjoy it no matter how may time I watch it.

10)The Devil's Advocate. Pacino's finest times.

Comment

• neoisback
                  • Jan 2002

ohhh ohh ohh i just remembered.. fight club and se7en both fincher films both comtemporary noir and both ****in wicked!!!!

Comment

• Simon T
                    • Nov 2001

Dark City dealt with the same idea, but with the opposite conclusion
                    Is that the movie I saw. The guys in that movie have sunglasses so they can see 'The Real World.'
                    Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

Working...