Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweetrmarie
    • Mar 2006

multiple audio streams?

Hi all, I am not a complete newbie. I have shrunk many dvd's however I am still confused about one thing. I have read the guide many times. When it says to keep at least one AC3 stream for the selected language, what if the main movie menu shows 2- AC3 steams in 2 channel english? Both measuring 364 Mb.
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Keep them both then
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

are you talking about 2x 364mb audio streams for a MENU???

Comment

• sweetrmarie
        • Mar 2006

In the main movie folder, there are two audio AC3 streams at 364 mb each, one AC-3 5.1 english at 432 mb, and one AC3 2 channel french at 186 mb. Total of 4 streams. I do not have surround sound so I always use AC3 2 channel, but do I check both at 364 mb each? Thanks all. The movie btw is Wedding Crashers

Comment

• Zero G
          Next to Arch Stanton
          • Jan 2006

As long as the 5.1 audio is Dolby Digital, it will downmix to stereo for you in your stand alone player. You can choose just this one track and skip the 2 channel ones unless you really want them.
          "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by sweetrmarie
            In the main movie folder, there are two audio AC3 streams at 364 mb each, one AC-3 5.1 english at 432 mb, and one AC3 2 channel french at 186 mb. Total of 4 streams. I do not have surround sound so I always use AC3 2 channel, but do I check both at 364 mb each? Thanks all. The movie btw is Wedding Crashers

Zero G is right it is DTS that you wont be able to play with no surround sound.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• sweetrmarie
              • Mar 2006

Thanks a lot, that is good info for me. So I gather dolby digital will downmix to 2 channel stereo but dts will not? Not to make this complicated, but back to my first question, if I uncheck AC3 5.1 english, would I have to check both AC3 2 channel english streams or just one to get englishaudio? Just trying to learn here. You've all been great help.

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

You are correct about the downmix. DTS won't downmix to 2 channel. Honestly though with regards to the 2 channel audio, you can uncheck them and just use the 5.1 English and not have to worry.
                "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

unless you want to keep the directors comments in that case you will need the 2 chan.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Cambion7
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Nov 2005

You could go in with DVDShrink and while playing the preview you can right-click on the video and select the different audio tracks. With that said, everyone is correct with regards to keeping the 5.1 audio, dump DTS, and if there's commentary tracks you can save space by dumping those as well. Just de-select in DVDShrink before you burn/create image.

You also need to be careful though when messing around with the audio. I usually strip the audio with VOB Blanker after identifying them with DVDShrink, then test the files in a PC DVD player. I believe most DVD's I've done this to default to the 5.1 stream. In the event that you've stripped the default audio track, you'll have to go in with an editor like PgcEdit and edit the commands to set the stream to the one you've kept.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's fun IMHO to tweak with the DVD code.

Regards,
                    Cambion7
                    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
                    - Confidence

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

Right, like Photo Angel said, if you keep the 2ch, or rather ONLY the 2 channel, you will get the director commentary, which I like but I am sure you do not want that as your only language.
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                      My DVD Collection

Comment

• sweetrmarie
                        • Mar 2006

Well, I got it done like I wanted, and learned some hints, thanks to all. By the way, I am using DVD shrink, I forgot to mention that.

Comment

• Zero G
                          Next to Arch Stanton
                          • Jan 2006

Glad to hear it worked the way you wanted it!

Comment

• Cambion7
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by sweetrmarie
                            Well, I got it done like I wanted, and learned some hints, thanks to all. By the way, I am using DVD shrink, I forgot to mention that.

Good going! Glad you were able to learn some new things too! That's what these forums are all about; sharing knowledge and learning

Regards,
                            Cam
                            Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
                            - Confidence

Comment

Working...