X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KaMiKaZa
    • Mar 2006

Why admin locked my message?

I didnt realize whats wrong, I did a search for it and i didnt find anything related to my thread.
    (I read [=red?] the Rules)

Thanks.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

rental
    means exactly that, you don't have any rights to the movie after 14 days

Comment

• KaMiKaZa
      • Mar 2006

Funny.

Thats so funny...
      cause Ripping/Copying DVDs is illegal
      99,9% Ripping rental dvds and what i do is illegal?! - its 100% the same.
      I'm sorry but something wrong here...
      I'm expecting for admin reply
      Thanks.

Comment

• Derree
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

I think you will find very little tolerance here for piracy..we don't do it and talking about it isn't condoned here.....
        sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
        good
        -------------------------------------------

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by KaMiKaZa
          Thats so funny...
          Thanks.

Shows how much you don’t know!
          It is legal to back up DVD's that you OWN for your OWN PERSONAL USE ONLY.

It is not legal to make copies to give away, rent out, or sell
          It is not legal to copy movies you do not own and rented movies you do not own the rental store owns that movie.

You can think what you want but the truth of the matter is any time you refer to rented! The mods will lock your thread.

Unless you are just talking about a movie you rented and what you thought about that movie in the off topics. LOL

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by KaMiKaZa
            Thats so funny...
            Thanks.
            what you expect or what you consider wrong is absolutely irrelevant here

you have joined a forum in which admin is the one making the rules - love it or leave it

by joining you are requested to accept our forum rules so either you didnt care to read them or you forgot about them all too soon

our rules here say we dont want to get into trouble by people like you discussing *legal aspects*

we have made our forum rules and we try to stick to them as best we can

as long as you want to participate here you stick to them or you'll find a posting closed/deleted and maybe even your account deleted

it is no problem making a mistake but please dont be so foolish as to think that we really care what you think is right or wrong and that we put up with your tone here

and by the way: why are you talking about admin all the time

jmet was the one responding to your other thread and thus i guess he was the one closing it
            (which could have been done by many other of us as well and which was in accordance to our rules)

thread closed - if admins feels the need to make his point he will have numerous ways to do so

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

This post is about breaking WMV copy protection, but it applies just as well for rented DVDs:

We must make the effort to distinguish between what is legal (backing up your own DVDs) and what is illegal ("backing up" DVDs you don't own), because the MPAA sure aren't going to make that distinction for us.
              Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...