• BopsStudios
    Jeepers
    • Mar 2006

Newbee Here

Hello all,
    I generally do music production at a demo level,
    however I got the video editing bug, and now plan on
    incorporating video on dvd with audio.
    I hope I didn't post this in wrong spot.

Any rate I will be using MagixMovie pro 11 with a dazzle
    capture usb and a Panasonic AG-DVC7.
    any ideas would be helpful, I already bought this stuff,
    so chew me out for not subscribing to this
    site before if needed.

At any rate, thanks for the site
  • moonrocks
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2005

I don't do a lot of video editing, mostly editing out commercials from video captures, or adding a new soundtrack to an mpeg2. So listen to advice from people who do serious video editing before listening to me Still, I'll give you my first impressions for what they're worth.

Good, like really good, video editing software can be expensive. But I've only heard positive things about Magix Movie Edit Pro even though it's low cost software. It's very verstatile, it's a good mpeg editor, which is important, and it comes with lots of features and effects. Caveat: I haven't used it myself. But from everything I've read about it, and for the money, you've probably made a great choice to get started with editing.

In terms of your hardware, the USB Dazzle is probably not so good. It's a very low end capture device. USB capture devices without hardware compression just can't transfer full res video to your PC without frame drops and audio sync problems. You'd want to look at a hardware mpeg2 card or a Canopus ADVC-110 for good quality analog to digital captures.

Still, your Magix Movie Edit Pro software is capable of receiving DV-AVI directly from your Panasonic AG-DVC7 camcorder. Hook up the camcorder to the firewire port on your PC. After that use the Magix Movie Edit Pro software to capture and then edit.

Well, that's my thoughts. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

welcome

Hello,
      I have the Dazzle too and to rip the video to my hard drive I have just been using the software that came with it.
      However I too was a bit lost on putting the video onto DVD with great quality.

Here is the thread I started I got a lot of help in this thread and my video is now on DVD and great quality.

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

Here was a guide that the Lt. posted this was a life saver for me.
      It may seem like a lot at first but once you get the hang of it, its not that bad and well worth it in the end.

There are also links to all programs you will use.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• BopsStudios
        Jeepers
        • Mar 2006

Well thanks Gang for the reply, I too was suspect of the dazzle, and it's pretty much lowend for sure, I'll check out the sites tonight.
        Thanks a bunch ! if you any audio help let me know.

Be good again

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Your welcome

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...