X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tompaine
    • Oct 2002

Dvd to DivX question

Hi all,

I read the Gordian Knot article and attemped to rip a concert (NIN's And all that could of been) I own to DivX 5.
    1. I got to Step 7 in the article, but can't continue because I don't have a "frame server" and can't select an AVI output file. He doesn't mention a frame server, but the picture makes it look like it's apart of the movie. I can't find any .avs files, so I don't think it comes with the codec.

2. It has several "titles" that contain easter eggs and config utilities. If I try to access them directly, PowerDVD or WMV locks up.. will these convert to divx, especially if I start taking out menu chapters and such?

3. WMV is reporting that there are 2 audio channels, one sound, one commentary. At the beginning, I had to choose between 6.1 surround or stereo. I want to make sure I only rip stereo. Where is that usually?

4. I chose DivX because I thought VCD/SVCD requires DVD media. If they can be burned to CD-R, which has better quality?

Thank you all for your help..
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

make sure to have dvd2avi and avisynth installed/registered properly

you should have gotten some kind of install-txt/readme for whatever pack you have donwloaded!

i suggest to use gordianknot

click on my upper anigif if you want to know more.

Comment

Working...