How to rip menus and Chapters using Gordion Knot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcdddy
    • Dec 2002

How to rip menus and Chapters using Gordion Knot?

I am interested in ripping the chapters and menu in addition to the movie from DVD to divx using Gordion knot. I have been ripping out the movie portion successfully for a while now but haven't found out how to add in chapters and menu. Is there a good guide for gordion knot or can anyone just simply explain what to do?
    Thanks
    D.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

GordianKnot doesn't have any features that relates to what you want.
    And stuff like menu's and chapter selection is restricted to a few players, in particular MicroDVD Player.

You can find guides on this subject here

and here

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

chapters can be most easily added when using the OGM container instead of avi.

ripping your data with smartripper an info-textfile can be generated by smartripper.
      this file is the basis for tools like oggmux or virtualdubmod to implement the original chapterinformation.

Comment

• mcdddy
        • Dec 2002

Ripping menus and chapters for use on Power DVD and Standalone DVD players

I would like to rip chapters and menus + movie to DivX for playback on Power DVD and future standalone DVD players. As I understand it Kiss has already come up with a standalone DVD player that will play DivX encoded movies and other DVD player manufacturers are supposed to follow suit with their own DivX compatible players. Will the instructions given for nicky's pages allow me to play the ripped movie on Power DVD? Also, can I rip the movie using Gordion Knot and then add in the menus and chapters later using seperate programs or do I have to use another suite of programs to rip everything menus, chapters and movie at one time?
        Thanks
        D.

Comment

• mcdddy
          • Dec 2002

Uncas can you recommend a guide/guides using the tools you mentioned

Uncas I think I might prefer ripping out chapters and menus as you suggested (I'm assuming I can add in chapters and menus after I rip the movie using GK following your method). Do you have any guides you could refer me to. I am hoping to playback on Power DVD.
          Thanks so much
          D.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i dont know if you will find any guides on this.

actually you hardly need one if you are familiar with other routines like gordianknot or tools like nandub/virtualdub and BESWEET.

i do it this way:

- encoding my video with either gordianknot or DVX

- extracting audio from my vobs using vob2audio (like described in my guide) to wave

- converting wav to ogg using besweet/gui

- muxing avi + my (two) oggs with oggmux
            in the oggmux menu you'll find a LOAD button => select the vts-info.txt file, which smartripper has generated

keep in mind that oggds0995 will have to be installed (or tsunamis filterpack 396) in order to play ogg vorbis

thats it!

Comment

• mcdddy
              • Dec 2002

Uncas - and that will leave me with menus and chapters in my Divx encoded movie

So doing it your way will rip out the menu's and chapters?
              Where are the menu's and chapter's located - are they in the main VOB's that are selected by smartripper (i.e. with large file sizes ~1 gb) or are they located in the other vobs (smaller file sizes that smart ripper does not automatically select?)
              THanks
              D.
              P.S. where can I get your guide using VOB2Audio?

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

i cannot tell you, where exactly chapter / menu information are located in the vob files.

you might ask LightningUK, being the coder of DVDDecrypter, he will be able to answer these questions!

the way i described above will add chapter information NOT menus to OGM (i.e. ogg for sound and e.g. an avi as video stream) but it is easy as could be, since all you have to do is load one textfile which is created automatically by smartripper.

to take a look at the audio routine i prefer, click on my upper anigif.

Comment

Working...