X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Van Zan
    • Feb 2003

Xvid/ac3 mess!!

Hi,

I recently downloaded the ring which was Xvid/ac3 encoded. I installed the Xvid codec and the ac3 decoder from Nimo.

However when I tried to play the movie with WMP the file audio was very slurred with the picture moving slowly...I then tried it with WinDVD and it worked fine.

However when I try to play a regular DVD now WinDVD always crashes on me...I believe this is due to ac3 but can someone diagnose this?

I want to pass the movie to a friend....what is the best download to cover Xvid/ac3 requirements. Also can I get ac3 decoder on its own without getting the whole Nimo codec?

I obviously don't want to pass all these problems on to my friend...
  • digitaldick
    • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hey Van Zan- Did you ever get this problem solved? I notice that- regretfully- nobody offered you any suggestions here, so I'm fuguring that you got your help elsewhere. Care to share?
    be humble....be wise!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

@ digitaldick

since you did NOT offer private messaging my reply to your NUMEROUS complaints comes straightforward:

if you did not solve your (whatever) problem dont blame users or moderators of this board by replying in the very way you did in this and many other postings!

the next *complaint* of this kind i come across will be deleted - take my word for it!

i was already taken aback by reading about "impoliteness" but refrained from commenting your use of the plural.

after that, however, i read *complaints only* and i must say i'm fed up with it.

if YOU want some help, then keep describing your problem(s) a little better in order for other people to come up with ideas/suggestions.

i wonder how many of the numerous solutions that were provided on problems like ac3 playback did you actually try?

i can NOT remember having come across any such posting of yours giving some useful feedback of what you tried.

if some folks in this board think this forum is nothing but a hotline for playback problems arising from illegally downloading stuff from the net without the slightest knowledge about codecs and filters, then it is high time to put some things straight!

for further *complaints* use the PN system or talk to admin directly - i'll be glad to share my impression on this matter!

Comment

• STEVE1232003
        • Jan 2003

Re: Xvid/ac3 mess!!

Originally posted by Van Zan
        Hi,

I recently downloaded the ring which was Xvid/ac3 encoded. I installed the Xvid codec and the ac3 decoder from Nimo.

However when I tried to play the movie with WMP the file audio was very slurred with the picture moving slowly...I then tried it with WinDVD and it worked fine.

However when I try to play a regular DVD now WinDVD always crashes on me...I believe this is due to ac3 but can someone diagnose this?

I want to pass the movie to a friend....what is the best download to cover Xvid/ac3 requirements. Also can I get ac3 decoder on its own without getting the whole Nimo codec?

I obviously don't want to pass all these problems on to my friend...
        Hi,
        The best way to encode files of this nature is to use an audio ripping program such as "Goldwave" which can be found on a google search or on Cnet. Just rip the audio as a wav and then the video in VDub with no sound. Then use the two files on TMPGENC to create your final Mpeg.

Well at least this is the way I do it and have had no problems.

Steve.........

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Re: more about that.....

Originally posted by digitaldick
          Hey Van Zan- Did you ever get this problem solved? I notice that- regretfully- nobody offered you any suggestions here, so I'm fuguring that you got your help elsewhere. Care to share?
          I share UncasMS's thoughts. It seems to me your postings consist of nothing more than something looking like this:
          Hi [poster],
          Have you solved your problem? I notice that noone has offered an answer to your question OR I had this problem once. Have you got a solution for it? [bla bla bla]

If this is an attempt to increase your post numbers, you're not doing it well enough. If you're doing it to give bad names to the board, you've done poorly. It's laughable, in fact.

Hence, if you DO wish to make a contribution to the board, do so in a truly helpful way, not acting like a kind soul (but without offering anything useful) [/end reprimand].

Comment

• digitaldick
            • Feb 2003

still more about that

Hi Steve1232003- thanks for the tip about using Goldwave. I was kinda hoping that we might hear back from Van Zan regarding his quest to find an ac3 decoder but I fear that he has lost touch!

May I ask, have you had any success installing this thing? I have tried the link that is offered for the AC3Filter ver 0.63b at :http://xvalex.hotbox.ru/programs/ac3...ilter_eng.html
            and it appears to be installed correctly on my rig, showing up as an entire folder of stuff from Start>Programs in Windows 98. If you have any experoence with this I'd love to hear back from you about it. I have a movie that won't play audio and it's GSpot still says that I am missing the ac3! Kind of curious about this! Obviously the ac3 is installed but it is not being recognized.

Thanks again

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• redjack
              • Jan 2003

Notice his ^ reply is still following his little "response template"? I'll bet that nobody is actually typing for digitaldick. It must be a bot.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

rotflmao

Comment

• STEVE1232003
                  • Jan 2003

Re: still more about that

Hi Steve1232003- thanks for the tip about using Goldwave. I was kinda hoping that we might hear back from Van Zan regarding his quest to find an ac3 decoder but I fear that he has lost touch!

May I ask, have you had any success installing this thing? I have tried the link that is offered for the AC3Filter ver 0.63b at :http://xvalex.hotbox.ru/programs/ac3...ilter_eng.html
                  and it appears to be installed correctly on my rig, showing up as an entire folder of stuff from Start>Programs in Windows 98. If you have any experoence with this I'd love to hear back from you about it. I have a movie that won't play audio and it's GSpot still says that I am missing the ac3! Kind of curious about this! Obviously the ac3 is installed but it is not being recognized.

Thanks again

The whole idea of using Goldwave is to remove the ac3 compression from the audio. It will leave you with a .wav file as the audio.

Now all you need do is use Virtual dub to get the video with no audio and you can go straight to TMPGENC.

Try it and if it doesn't work then post another question. It worked for me.

Steve........

Comment

• digitaldick
                    • Feb 2003

still more about that

Thanks, Steve, for that help.
                    Sorry you had to wade through that impolite "rant" to post it though!
                    Have a great week.

< The whole idea of using Goldwave is to remove the ac3 compression from the audio. It will leave you with a .wav file as the audio. Now all you need do is use Virtual dub to get the video with no audio and you can go straight to TMPGENC.
                    Try it and if it doesn't work then post another question. It worked for me. >
                    be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Re: still more about that

Thanks, Steve, for that help.
                      Sorry you had to wade through that impolite "rant" to post it though!
                      Feeling sore already? For someone who seems to have tried a lot of things (by wondering whether others have been successful at them), you display an interesting lack of knowledge at the well-known idea of converting AC3 tracks to WAV files . . .

Or perhaps you were referring to your own impolite rant (I'd call it bumps) that we all have been telling you to stop?

Comment

• digitaldick
                        • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Enchanter- I find your ignorance almost as entertaining as your boorishness. Soon, others will too! IMHO! So keep it up, if you can "get it up"!

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

closed

Comment

Working...