Help probs with audio out of synch..common prob eh?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moragp
    • Sep 2002

Help probs with audio out of synch..common prob eh?

Hi anyone out there who can help.I thought that I had this all worked out and with all my other movies no bother at all....but I have real problems with the movie below.I have tried lots of different things but no success..
    I have tried separating the audio and not compressing it(WITH VD) and loading separately in TMPG and also compressing it and joining back together in VD before loading this into TMPG...BUT no matter what I do nothing seems to work.The audio is out of synch form the word go.It is fine as an avi and I have checked for bad frames etcbut all is ok.The minute I try to encode it goes totally out of synch

Help is greatly appreciated thanx.
    Sweet home alabama.avi
    680x256 23.976 fps
    xvid mpeg4 codec

audio
    48000hzs
    2(stereo)
    0 bit
    mpeg layer 3 codec

hope this is enough info...thanx again rgds
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"hope this is enough info"

Actually, it's not...

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Arch1679
      • Mar 2003

I am having the same problem with this particular movie. I have tried extracting the audio as a uncompressed wav using virtualdub, nandub, virtualdub mod. And saving the video as a silent avi. Then encoding them together. I can't extract the audio with nandub, because I get a ac3 error. I was able to extract the uncompressed audio with both virtual dub and virtual dub mod, but when load the file I get the error message vbr audio detected. Then when I try to encode the video and audio that I got from virtual dub and virtual dub mod using tmpgenc, I get a severely out of sync audio and video. THe audio is ahead of the video.

I have attached an picture of my avi information

Thanx for all your help!!!

Archana
      Attached Files

Comment

• moragp
        • Sep 2002

More info

Thanx Arch for your info which is the exact same as mine...call me stupid(i don't mind) but i don't know how to save the info as jpeg.
        Anyway since my last post i have tried using nandub but it wont allow me to decompress file..

When i load the orig avi and got to audio it states no audio and i have to highlight avi audio..when i put this to full process mode and try to deccompress to mpeg layer 3 i get the error msg :-"acm reported error on audio decompress"
        If i try and save as uncompresed i get the same msg..
        Hope the info that arch has posted for you Setarip is sufficient..this movie is driving me nuts..and it's not even me that really wants to see it it's my daughter.

Thanks again in advance.

p.s Maybe you cud tell me Arch how to save info as .jpeg...cheers

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

p.s Maybe you cud tell me Arch how to save info as .jpeg...cheers

press *print screen* on your keyboard.

this will copy your screen's content into memory.
          next use any graphic/photo tool to paste your screen-capture and save it to a compressed and thus SMALL format like jpg - dont use BMP!

Comment

• gs0666
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Nov 2001

Re : Arch1679

Have you tried changing the sampling rate to 44,100Hz when extracting uncompressed audio in VDub?

Comment

• moragp
              • Sep 2002

jpeg info

thankyou for your post UncasMS I have done as you suggested but when I press *print screen* on my keyborad nothing seems to happen...sorry call me stupid I honestly don't mind but I don't know what to do next....thanx in advance rgds

Comment

• gs0666
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Nov 2001

Press ALT+PRINTSCRN.

Comment

• The Edge
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jan 2003

Printscreen copies....well the entrie screen to memory.
                  Alt+Printscreen copies whatever active window is open.

Open MSPaint or any other imaging app and goto edit/paste (CTRL+V)

Save as a nice jpg/gif and post here for the world to see.

Edge
                  "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• moragp
                    • Sep 2002

Well I managed it!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can clck on my attatch to see!!!!!! Thankyou very much for your help on that now all I need is to be able to get this movie to work in synch!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• chickeneater
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Apr 2002

have you tried to play it an a different player? Try Bsplayer, WMP 6/4 (go to run type "mplayer2.exe"(withouth the quotes)) powerdivx...
                      FFDShow filters
                      Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Arch1679
                        • Mar 2003

I have tired have tired to extract the uncompressed audio at 44,100mhz using the following programs virtualdub, virtualdub mod, and goldwave.

Each time I load the uncompressed audio file into TMPEgenc to make an MPEG for VCD I get an mpeg that is severely out of sync.

I am not able to extract the audio using nandub becasue I get the following error "acm reported error on audio decompress" when I try to save the file.

Like I said in my previous post, the file plays perfectly as an xvid avi. All the sync problems are occurring when I try to encode a mpeg.

I have list the file information in my previous post!

All help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!

I am getting very fustrated, since I have been trying to fix this problem for the past two weeks!

Thanx,
                        Archana

Comment

• dotte
                          • Mar 2003

Hi there,
                          I happened to stumble into this topic, and forum for that matter, by accident and I felt that I had to help you guys out since I have a kind of solution to the problem.
                          I recently encountered this problem with Sweet Home Alabama and after much frustration and searching the net for info I managed to solve it to my satisfaction. I use DVD2SVCD to convert AVI/DIVX files to SVCD. After converting "Sweet Home..." I had two out of sync mpg files. From watching segments of the film I calculated the audio to be around two seconds ahead of the video. I don't know if it's the same in your case, use a time you think comes near and then finetune it later. Anyway, I took my two out-of-sync files, bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg and bbMPEG_Muxed_File01.mpg and first de-muxed them in TMPGEnc.
                          Open TMPGEnc -->FILE -->MPEG Tools... --> Simple De-Multiplex --> Input: browse to find the first of your mpg files and chose it, in my case bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg --> automatically this action fills out the two fields below the Input: field. Video output: bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.m2v and Audio output: bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mp2
                          As you can see, by default the input and output directory are the same. Change this now if you want the files placed somewhere else. Click the RUN button and wait for it to finish. Now you have two separate files, one m2v (video) file and one mp2 (audio) file. Close TMPGEnc.

The next step is to use the program bbMPEG to multiplex the files again but to delay the audio a bit in the process. Since I use DVD2SVCD it has installed bbMPEG for me and it can be found in a sub-directory under DVD2SVCD. Else you'll have to install it before going further.
                          I then click on the file avi2mpg2.exe in the bbMPEG directory to start the program. If you are using Windows XP it's time to avoid a bug in the bbMPEG program or it will crash. You have to click on the LOAD button in the upper left corner on the main window and then click CANCEL in the open dialogue. Click the START ENCODING button --> SETTINGS --> GENERAL SETTINGS tab: make sure Multiplex Video and Multiplex Audio are checked. Multiplexing start/stop/size options: should all be be zeros. --> INPUT AND OUTPUT FILES tab: Select the name and where to put your fixed file by clicking the OPEN PS button. Select your video input file, in my case bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.m2v, by clicking on the OPEN VS button. Select your audio input file, in my case bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mp2, by clicking on the OPEN AS 1 button. --> PROGRAM STREAM SETTINGS tab: There are only two things here. Program stream type: change to SVCD and finally the most important item in our case, Startup delays (ms): the one we want to change here is Audio 1: which has a default value of 180. To delay the sound two seconds I have to add 2000 milliseconds to the defaultvalue which gives us: 2180. If you want to delay it 1 second you'll have a total value of 1180 and so on and so forth. Well, now it's time to start the process so click on the OK button or ENTER on your keyboard. Then finally check the new file to see if it is in sync. If not you have to do the bbMPEG part all over again with a different time value, so I hope you haven't erased the m2v and mp2 files yet.

Well, thats it. I hope it will work for you. It did for me anyway and I'm just a newbie when it comes to DivX and SVCD. Good Luck!

(Note. If you only have the BIN files you have to extract and convert the AVSEQ0x.MPG to proper MPEG2 files, with for example Isobuster, before moving on to the de-muxing part.)

(Note2. I converted to SVCD. I think it'll work with VCD's too but I haven't tried it.)

Comment

Working...