I know this's a OLD TOPIC but still need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clone Video
    • Mar 2003

I know this's a OLD TOPIC but still need help!!!

Hi guys

Well, as all here i'm a NEWB! also i know maybe is a OLD TOPIC but still need your help!!

Ok. I have alot home video tapes(VHS,VCR) and i wanna copy all them to VCD and after that watching is a VCD(DVD) player!

I know i need a Video Card with TV capture (Aopen ti4200 128 ddr) , also i used VitualDUB. My question is:

WHAT KIND THE CODEC(compression) are the best to do that??

If i have a 1 GB video file(AVI) and i wanna copy to VCD how can i do??

Thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Well its best to capture using a lossless codec such as Huffyuv (requires lots of free hdd space though).

If you want to create a vcd, all you need to do is load the file into TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.net) and select the appropriate vcd template, split the file if neccessary and then burn it as a vcd in a burning program such as NERO.

Comment

• alcskid
      Movie Lovers
      • Jan 2003

You can also use this simple (No need a lot configuration and knowledge) tool called VCDcutter. It can convert AVI into VCD, and also had Cutting/Splitting facility.

Just grab it at http://vcdcutter.yeah.net/

Hope you success to make VCD !
      ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Watch out for the software (VCDCutter) that a member was spamming this board to promote (so much so, that he was banned for it) - Read the "Beware of spamware" sticky posting!
        Last edited by setarip; 11 Mar 2003, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I think that was a different VCDCutter (VCD-Cutter and Streamer or something similar).

alcskid : Just a warning that repeatedly posting links to promote a software, especially a commercial one, is against the forum rules (spamming), and continued efforts may see VCDCutter end up the same fate as that other similarly named software.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MR_D
            • Feb 2003

whats the good of trying to help someone if you cant use the name of the helpful program, ok fair enough if the program is bogus or doesnt actually work, i use vcd cutter all the time its a vital useful tool when splitting files, i hear tmpgenc mentiond ALOT to say the least, will you start banning that word also even though it is too a useful tool?

Comment

• alcskid
              Movie Lovers
              • Jan 2003

Sorry, I don't know that promoting software that I usually used was forbidden. But I saw a lot of another user promoting software too !

TMPGenc for example ! It's a free download but it had commercial factor too (Had retail price and Plus price). What's about it ?

VCDCutter was free download (for standard) too, and it had commercial factor.

I saw a lot software was promote in this forum (Power DVD, WinDVD, etc).

I just want an exact rule at this forum ! Please do the same warning to the other user. Once again I don't have any intend to SPAM, cause I hate SPAMMER ! I know what's a SPAM rule, I just help other people know that they are many tools in internet that can help them. I never promote any software unless somebody ask for the usefull tool that I've been used (I think this can not be categorized as SPAM).

...My Foot Print...

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To alcskid

Is "yeah.net" a warez site?

Comment

• alcskid
                  Movie Lovers
                  • Jan 2003

To Setarip

yeah.net was a commercial web hosting place (Just like geocities, tripod,etc)

Meanwhile vcdcutter.yeah.net was a software homepage !

I just copy that address from VCDcutter about info URL address.

Is that satisfied you ?

&^@#*&*$!^%8
                  ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Clone Video
                    • Mar 2003

Thanks for all reply!! was very helpful!

Ok, I have ready my capture file(AVI) in my Hdd (i used VirtualDUB with PICVIDEOMJPEG CODEC) so what's my next step??? I know i need convert AVI to MPEG but i'm not sure wich one(MPEG 1 or MPEG 2?) also i think is very hard to setting TMPGE or not??

Thanks guys

Comment

• alcskid
                      Movie Lovers
                      • Jan 2003

If you want a VCD format, then you must choose MPEG1.
                      If you want a SVCD format, then you must choose MPEG2.

Don't forget to set the correct resolution and frame rate.

For PAL VCD : 352x288 with 25fps
                      For NTSC VCD : 352x240 with 29.97fps

For PAL SVCD : 480x576 with 25fps
                      For NTSC SVCD : 480x480 with 29.97fps
                      Last edited by alcskid; 11 Mar 2003, 07:15 PM.
                      ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Clone Video
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by alcskid
                        If you want a VCD format, then you must choose MPEG1.
                        If you want a SVCD format, then you must choose MPEG2.

Don't forget to set the correct resolution and frame rate.

For PAL VCD : 352x288 with 25fps
                        For NTSC VCD : 352x240 with 29.97fps

For PAL SVCD : 480x576 with 25fps
                        For NTSC SVCD : 480x480 with 29.97fps
                        So what kind the format are best(VCD or SVCD)?? and which one format PAL or NTSC are universal??

Comment

• alcskid
                          Movie Lovers
                          • Jan 2003

Well, It's depend on you. Which one did you like. Of course the best was DVD, second place was SVCD, and the last thing was VCD.

The better quality you got than more space will be occupied.

Usually one movie length (120 min) takes 2 CDs blank for VCD, and 3 CDs blank for SVCD format.

NTSC was good to see (Good in transition effect cause it has more frame per second). Meanwhile PAL had a better resolution. I preffered using NTSC (Slow motion was better than PAL).
                          ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Clone Video
                            • Mar 2003

Well, I tried burn MPEG file on NERO but when i'm done i tried play CD on my PC(for test) nothing happend!! that's normal??

My Nero is 5.5.29 version(i think is the new one) i need use the old version???

thanks

Comment

• rsquirell
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Feb 2003

NTSC is an American/Japanese standard format...and PAL is the format used in Europe ( at least with VHS tapes, TV's and VCR's). European PAL standards are different for every country forcing the inhabitants to buy the local producer's products and the competitors to go thru an expensive conversion process if they wanted to penetrate and compete in the foreign market with workable products. I had to jump thru hoops to get people with conversion machines to convert and watch some tapes I bought in France (Pochohantus is cool in French.) It was neat when I had Russian house guests...I could feed video into my box with my old Dazzle, cut a CD with a player, and when they got home it would play on their PC and they could show their friends home movies of their trip to America. That was 10 years ago...before they got around to setting PAL and NTSC standards for CD's. My tech showed me that you can change the country in the settings for the PC's DVD player so you can watch DVD's in whatever country you're in or visiting...but he said you can only do this 3 times, after that the DVD player stops playing DVD's. He wasn't sure whether switching from USA to Thailand and back counted for one change or two. I'm not touching it. Tell us about the CD u cut...was it PAL or NTSC, VCD or SVCD, etc.

Comment

Working...