could somebody please help me with flask... or anything else!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scdlcgs
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

could somebody please help me with flask... or anything else!

I already encode all the dvd using flaskmpeg, i followed the steps given by divx digest, and everything was going fine, i used divx 5.0.3 as a decoder. it was a movie of 2 hours and 50 mins, long one, but the file was huge when it finished, 1.8 gigabytes. The same happen to me when i used dvd2avi and tmpeg, the result was the same.Could anybody tell me what am i doing wrong? or at least tell me a best software where i can use divx also and where i can get a shorter file size? i already tried with ogm, but my pc didnt accept the file as a movie file, so... i dont know what else to do... im hopeless... Thanks for your atention and thanks to all of them who had answer my questions.
    Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i used divx 5.0.3 as a decoder."

There are many postings at these sub-forums that clearly indicate that v.5.03 is very flawed. Try going back to v.5.02...

Comment

• Qyd
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Oct 2002

Do you use a bitrate calculator? What bitrate do you use with DivX 5?
      What codec do you use for audio compression?

Comment

• scdlcgs
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

i dont use any bitrate calculator, just because i dont know what is it for, and the audio codec that i use is the uncompressed pcm audio. hope you can help me with this.

Comment

• Toast B|M
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

a bitrate calculator tell whats the highest possible bitrate for the size u are aiming for, they are not 100% accurate thoughso u have to leave some room and use brains
          uncomprossed PCM audio is whats killing you, you shud decode audio to mp3 using mpe codec, i use radium and dont have any problems with it.

have fun
          www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• scdlcgs
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2003

thanks for your answer, i'll try it. if you decode a 2 hours 50 mins movie, aprox. how long will it be after the encoding process with flaskmpeg? Again, thanx a lot for your answer.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

how long?

it will hopefully be 2h 50 min afterwards or otherwise you will have cut something off

Comment

• Qyd
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Oct 2002

Yeah, you have to use a <a href="http://www.divx-digest.com/software/index2.html#calculators">bitrate calculator</a> at least for a guideline (input avi legth (in min) and atrget size, and it will give you the aproximate bitrate (wich in turn you use when you configure DivX compression in Flask.
                You probably don't have yet to re-encode with flask, you can load your 1GB+ avi file in <a href="http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/virtualdub.html">VirtualDub</a>, video-direct stream copy, audio-full processing mode, audio-compression (use some codec, <a href="http://www.riphelp.net/downloads/radium_codec.html">radium</a> is very effective), file-save as avi.

Comment

• techno
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Nov 2001

technically, flask sucks. as we all should know.

ur better of using a 2pass encoder, like nandub to do this, u can tell it what file size to encode for and it should do it within that range, of course, giving it a reasonable filesize and res from GK, quality should be gr8.

hard to explain, check out uncasms's site or mine (click on the signature)

still, i stick with the original and best, 3.11alpha

Comment

Working...