X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noizEwater
    • May 2003

New and need help

Hello people of this fine forum.

My name is noizEwater. I'm new to this place and would like to say I already love it here.

With the intro out of the way, I need some help.

I'm having trouble syncing up the audio with the video on a file.

I'm converting a Real Media video file to Avi, only the audio in the conversion process gets out of sync. The program I'm using is Real Converter by the way. *If there are any better programs for this please recommend them*

So the solution that I've come to is to extract the audio from the Real Media file, then tack it back on when I convert the Avi file to Mpeg with my video editting program. *I bought a Dazzle capture device and the program isnt bad, its very easy actually for a novice as myself*

So my question is, is there a free program that I might be able to extract just the audio from the media file so that I can add it in later? Or is there an easier way to go about this?

ANY information that you all might be able to provide me with is VERY GRATEFULLY accepted.

Thank you very much,

noizE

PS sorry for the long first post.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"So the solution that I've come to is to extract the audio from the Real Media file, then tack it back on when I convert the Avi file to Mpeg with my video editting program."

Your post is confusing...
    What type of file format are you ultimately trying to cretae - .AVI or MPEG?

Comment

• noizEwater
      • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      "So the solution that I've come to is to extract the audio from the Real Media file, then tack it back on when I convert the Avi file to Mpeg with my video editting program."

Your post is confusing...
      What type of file format are you ultimately trying to cretae - .AVI or MPEG?
      i'm trying to convert it to mpeg, but i cant figure out how to convert the real media file to mpeg.

sorry for the confusion

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

The description of a program named "EO" indicates that it can convert RealMedia files directly to MPEG format...

Comment

• noizEwater
          • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
          The description of a program named "EO" indicates that it can convert RealMedia files directly to MPEG format...
          thank you soo much. where would i be able to aquire this program?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

where would i be able to aquire this program?

Comment

Working...