• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To fallout

Quite frankly, I'm mystified.

1) Into which MPEG format are you attempting to convert the file - MPEG-1, MPEG-1VideoCD, MPEG-2. or MPEG-2SuperVideoCD?

2) When you load the video into TMPGEnc, do you see an indication that TMPGEnc has recognized BOTH the video and audiostreams of the file (In the main screen's "Video input" and "Audio input" boxes)?

3) When you load the video into TMPGEnc, is an error message (or any message) generated?

4) What version of TMPGEnc are you using?

Comment

• fallout
      • Jul 2003

1) I'm encoding it into MPEG-1
      2) When I load it into tmpg it doesn't reconize the video, it encodes with a black screen throughout the process
      3) nope, I don't get an error message, yet when I loaded it into virtualdub it said that it is having error depressing video frame and unknown error has occured. I'm quite sure the data of the video is not currupted
      4) the version of tmpg i'm using is 2.510

this is really getting on my nerve. I'v never had so much trouble with a video file before

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"yet when I loaded it into virtualdub it said that it is having error depressing video frame and unknown error has occured."

1) Load the .AVI file into the most recent version of either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Select "Scan for errors"

4) Select "Mask Bad Frames"

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

• fallout
          • Jul 2003

My problem has changed again, I installed divx 5.0.1 and now when I load the video in virtualdub I get no error but the black screen throughout the video. In the "file information" in virtualdub the decompressor has changed to divx 5.0.1. And I do have that codec installed. HELP!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"My problem has changed again, I installed divx 5.0.1 and now when I load the video in virtualdub I get no error but the black screen throughout the video. In the "file information" in virtualdub the decompressor has changed to divx 5.0.1. And I do have that codec installed. HELP!"

And you did this, rather than what I suggested because of what?

(By the way, it's hard to conceive of VirtualDub reinterpreting the file's heade codec from Xvid to DivX 5.01 - unless you've now failed to mention that you used a FOURCC changer program to alter the header)

Comment

• fallout
              • Jul 2003

I finally got the file to encode. I formatted my computer and only installed the essiential stuff and it worked. Thank you all for your help!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To fallout

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Comment

• Samurai Blade
                  • Sep 2003

when you say you installed the essential stuff , what was it? , im having a similar prob with a file which seems to match the encode that u state above?

Comment

Working...