Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichDvDCam87
    • May 2004

Help!?

I have a dell dimension desktop 4500 P.C and a Hitachi Dvdcam and was wondering if their are any speccific modifications i should make to my P.C to make it run @ optimum speed and quality and still be able to upload videos andd save them on it. Also I am using sonic my DvD and a USB cable to connect the P.C and Camcorder and when I try and get the video its says no valid video capture device found. What do I do?
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

If that's a DVDcam you shouldn't be using USB. Run it in thru the firewire...any video editor will capture it

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

if its a dvd cam i think it should be storing video as mpeg2 file format, u better be using videostudio 7 or 8 to edit ur video as it will do smart rendring to ur already stored mpeg2 file. thus saving lot of time and processing.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
        • May 2004

Rsquirell: This is going to sound stupid but hey I gotta learn whats a firewire?
        Also are their any mods nesscary that will keep my computer from slowing down as it already seems to be and i tried everything in my own knowledge such as defrag and deleting unused files and software?

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

the firewire is the IEEE1394 (sometimes called the I-link) port which most fairly new (post 2000) computers come with. It should be identified in your computer's documentation. Some things to help improve performance in addition to defragging, clearing cache, eating cookies, deleting temp files would be to eliminate spyware, update OS, video card drivers, get the latest version of DirectX for your operating system...and make sure capture program drivers are up to date. What size processor, RAM, OS? If you are weak old and feable you can adjust your display to keep the machine from freezing.

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
            • May 2004

Thanks i shall do that

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
              • May 2004

umm.. what's OS?

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

Operating System... for XP check Windows Update at least once a month.

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by atifsh
                  if its a dvd cam i think it should be storing video as mpeg2 file format, u better be using videostudio 7 or 8 to edit ur video as it will do smart rendring to ur already stored mpeg2 file. thus saving lot of time and processing.
                  What about pinnacle 9 software will that be harder? I was intigued by the vast avaliability of add ons to suite m needs. What do I Do Now?

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by RichDvDCam87
                    What about pinnacle 9 software will that be harder? I was intigued by the vast avaliability of add ons to suite m needs. What do I Do Now?
                    no studio 9 is also not bad just u hav to use the available patch and that may giv u some problems if ur using pirated stuff... but it will solve lotta problems with first release studio 9.

also with studio 9 ull loose any chance of saving time, even a single small edit u have to re-render whole ur video.

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
                      • May 2004

Ah Well what about a firewire cable for my camcorder it came with a Usb but I have bought a firewire port now i just need to know what type of firewire cable to get due to it was not supplied with my cam.
                      P.S what is rendering or re-rendering for that matter?

Comment

• atifsh
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2003

I have bought a firewire port now i just need to know what type of firewire cable to get due to it was not supplied with my cam.
                        P.S what is rendering or re-rendering for that matter?
                        get the bestone u can buy.

what is rendering or re-rendering for that matter?
                        ill try in simplest words....... when u change one format file to some other format using a software thats rendering.
                        example... when u change dv format to mpeg2 dvd format.

now if u want to change the mpeg2 dvd format u just got and edit few things and again render it thats re-rendering. a waste of time as u already hav a mpeg2 dvd format, but most softwares r-render whole video for certain edit u made.

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
                          • May 2004

Ah thanx! But I mean like what type like there is specifically different kinds with different numbers of pins?

Comment

• atifsh
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2003

yes it comes in 4 pin to 4 pin 6 pin to 6 pin and 4 pin to 6 pin.

usually camera has 4 pin while pc firewire input is 6 pin, so unless its different at urside, u need 4 to 6 pin lead.

Comment

• RichDvDCam87
                              • May 2004

Alright, what about sd multimedia cards what brand do you recomend? and @ what size for someone who takes quite a few pics w/ his cam?

Comment

Working...