Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teepee
    • Aug 2005

demuxing from Smartripper

Hi there, I'm pretty new to video so I'm hopeful that someone can clear up a problem I have using smartripper.

I have read that you can use smartripper to rip a movie as 2 complete streams, one m2v video file and an audio ac3 file. Correct me if I'm wrong but I should be able to then load those streams into tmpgenc to then create a shareable mpeg file.

In the stream processing tab of smartripper If I check the 'demux to extra file' button and rip I then get the vob and ifo files etc but aslo a m2v video file, Hooray! but no, because..there is no ac3 file.

Gutted.

There doesn't seem to be many settings in smartripper and nothing I can find that relates to this.

What am I doing wrong?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

1st of all you will have to select VIDEO and AUDIO stream one after another and tick *demux to extra file*

if you did this correctly and still find no ac3 demuxed, there simply is no ac3 in your source but maybe lpcm wave only!?

Comment

• teepee
      • Aug 2005

DOH! it's true, I though the demux to file applied to all streams.

Funny thing though, I tried playing the vob files and they're audio only..

Thanks!

Comment

• teepee
        • Aug 2005

Ah..back again, got my ac3 file but tmpgenc won't accept it as a valid audio format.

Error message is 'cannot open, or unsupported.

Comment

Working...