Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMWRIGHT
    • Mar 2002

VirtualDub Error Mesage

I'm trying to create a 1pass/2pass AVI in VirtualDub (V. 1.4.10) and I'm getting error message below when I try to run job control batch.

"Cannot load Sylia Scriping language" Sylia.DLL.

I re-installed VirtualDub and still got error. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you have the 68K file "Sylia.dll" in your VirtualDub directory?

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
      • Mar 2002

I have a 27K file with that name.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My apologies. Under v.1_4_10, the correct filesize is 27K...

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
          • Mar 2002

Soooo, no ideas why I would get message?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Nope. I really don't understand what you mean by,

"I'm trying to create a 1pass/2pass AVI in VirtualDub"

I'm not an avid fan of either two-pass encoding or (as I speculate you're attempting to do since, as far as I know, you can't do two-pass encoding DIRECTLY with VirtualDub) frameserving, so I have very little knowledge to share in that regard - unless, of course, you can explain your situation a little more clearly.

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
              • Mar 2002

Sorry, I have no idea what I'm doing. But anyway, I'm trying to compress some analog video tape so I can burn to VCD.

A few weeks ago I thought I had an idea how to do this. I installed all the programs/codecs/filters folks on this and other sites suggested. I even paid thirty $ for DivX 5.0, only to discover this version didn't work (so I was told) with other software I installed.

In the meantime I also installed a video capture card that completely wreaked my system. So I'm trying to start over. I guess I need to do more homework.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Have you successfully captured a video to your harddrive from tape? If so, what are the video and audio formats?

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                  • Mar 2002

Yes I captured to HD. I've attached specs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2)Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

3) Under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and select a DivX codec (NOT v.5.0 or v.5.1!). Click on "OK"

4) Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion" - and choose 44,100

5) Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and select one of the 44,100 MPEG Layer 3 (.MP3) settings. Click on "OK"

6) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" - and enter a new filename. Click on "OK"

Then, to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
                    2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                    3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                    4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
                    5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
                    6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                    7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
                    8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
                    9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
                    10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use NERO, or similar, to merely burn as VCD (NOT format as VCD, since you've already done this).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                      • Mar 2002

Thanks a bunch,

Before I get started may I ask a few questions.

DivX, I have version 3.1 alpha and 4.12. Which should I re-install?

Does it matter what version of VirtualDub or TMPGEnc I use?

"If your video runs more than 60 mnutes you'll have to split". Are you saying if over 60 minutes it won't fit "no way no how" on one CD? My goal is to fit each tape on one CD.

If they won't fit on one CD would it be wise to invest in a DVD burner? I understand they hold 3 or 4 gb.

Thanks one more.

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"DivX, I have version 3.1 alpha and 4.12. Which should I re-install?"

My personal preference is v.3.11 alpha

"Does it matter what version of VirtualDub or TMPGEnc I use?"

Not for these activities.

"Are you saying if over 60 minutes it won't fit "no way no how" on one CD? My goal is to fit each tape on one CD."

If you want to create compliant VCDs, the best you can SAFELY forecast is 74 minutes for a 650Mg and 80 minutes for a 700Mg CD-R (Just like an audio CD).

"If they won't fit on one CD would it be wise to invest in a DVD burner? I understand they hold 3 or 4 gb."

I'd suggest you first try the less expensive, simpler to accomplish VCD route (You already have the equipment and the CD-rs are very inexpensive)...

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                          • Mar 2002

Well I did all above and when I tried to burn VCD in Easy CD Creator it errored, saying "BitRate was not VCD compliant". Bitrate shows as 104857.

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

By default, under TMPGEnc, the bitrates should have been Video 1,150Kbps and Audio 224Kbps. Check your settings to make certain that you haven't, somehow, inadvertently changed these settings...

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                              • Mar 2002

Yep, that's what the settings are.

Comment

Working...