Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Don't know why Easy CD Creator is generating that error. Perhaps you should try NERO instead (Please note: NERO and Easy CD Creator DO NOT peacefully coexist on the same system - so if you're going to try NERO, first uninstall Easy CD Creator).

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
      • Mar 2002

Really, I didn't know that. I guess I could uninstall ECDC and try Nero.

Later

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
        • Mar 2002

I installed Nero and after running file through VirtualDub and then TMPGEnc received Nero message attatched.

Don't have any idea how to proceed.
        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

You received this message because you've use a combination of NTSC (U.S.) 29.970fps and PAL (European and other) settings 352x288 resolution.

But don't worry about this. Just click on the first option that NERO is offering ("Turn off standard compliance and continue") and the result should be playable on your California standalone DVD player.

In the future, I'd suggest you capture as 23.976fps with a resolution of 352x240, for full compliance...

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
            • Mar 2002

"I'd suggest you capture as 23.976fps with a resolution of 352x240, for full compliance"

Do I change to 23.976 in Vdub or TMPGnc?

Are you sure Spielberg started this way

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I'm trying to compress some analog video tape so I can burn to VCD."

"Capturing" refers to whatever software you used to bring the videotape videos into your computer.

Did you successfully create your first non-compliant VCD, by letting NERO "turn off compliance" and burn it?

"Are you sure Spielberg started this way?"

No - he used a Super8 movie camera ;>}

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                • Mar 2002

No, I didn't let Nero continue. I'm still trying to fit this movie onto one CD. The movie is 90 minutes. After capturing, running it through Vdub and TMPGEne Nero still shows as 89 minutes.

Also, my capturing software only lets me choose 29.97fps or 14fps. I selected custom capture and still only the two options.

Oh well........... I seem to br getting nowhere fast..........

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"I'm still trying to fit this movie onto one CD. The movie is 90 minutes."

That's not going to happen, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts to you. You're going to have to split the file.

"Also, my capturing software only lets me choose 29.97fps or 14fps."

If your standalone DVD player is fairly new, it will probably have no problem handling the 29.970fps.

"I seem to br getting nowhere fast"

You're almost there, so don't give up now ;>}

Comment

• DMWRIGHT
                    • Mar 2002

Setarip, I want to thank you for all your help. Your coaching has enlighten me greatly.

I've been able to make some one disk VCD's from movies that are in the 40 to 50 minute range. But not from analog movies in the 1 1/2 to 2 hour range.

Like I've said, If possible, I really want these movies on one disk. If I can't do this with the CD-R/VCD format. I've got to try something else.

Maybe a DVD burner is the way to go.

Thanks

Comment

Working...