Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javier.otero
    • Jun 2006

Capture from dazzle 90

I have a P IV 2GH, 512MB memory, Pionner DVD burn, Dazzle 90 USB 2 and video card 128-P1-NV94-LX, I am trying to capture my old VHS family videos, Dazzle come with Studio, Pionner with Ulead, when I capture using any of this software I always lost a lot of frames.
    Is there any other software that can do this? I don´t need a lot of features, only capture and burn to the DVD, maybe in more than one step.

Thanks.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

when i first started capturing ( somewhere around the turn of the century) i bought a cheap dazzle DVC-80 and had tons of problems with it...and the best video i got was fuzzy. the circuit city clerk explained resolution to me and i took home a DVC-150 with the understanding i could return it if i wasn't satisfied. i love my 150...copies as good as original vhs tape. i suspect your problem is hardware, not software. if your dazzle 90 captures as avi (like the DVC-80) you can use the freeware VirtualDub and under "video" "scan for errors" and clean up your capture a tad...but i'd still look into an upgrade. You also probably have a copy of MS Movie Maker on your box. I used to use that for the 80 (but i'd have to feed the video in as video source...and run separate rca cable into "mic" in order to get audio. I'm sure you can find a forum for this hardware for users on the pinnacle site.
    Last edited by rsquirell; 23 Jun 2006, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

My card dropped frames too, so I just bought a new card.

I will be selling my DVC90 on eBay and not mentioning the dropped frames factor.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
        My card dropped frames too, so I just bought a new card.

I will be selling my DVC90 on eBay and not mentioning the dropped frames factor.
        And then the person you sell it to will be posting on this forum for help, LOL.

BTW, you purchased a Hauppage recently didn't you?
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

I also have Dazzle I have had no problems with it at all.
          Once the video has been ripped to your hard drive you will have to convert the .AVI into compatable dvd video files.

Here is a guide that help me a lot with the guide there is a full list of other programs you will need to download. The software it comes with will not give a good dvd burn it is good to get the video onto your hard drive frist though.

I have used mine to rip old video from an old camcorder that recored to 8mm tapes, if I can get a great quality dvd with that you can with vhs. It may take a bit of time of reading and a lot to learn on converting, once you get the hang of it its not so hard any more.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• MikeyBK
            Digital Video Maniac
            • Feb 2006

You would be only able to get as good a quality as the quality of those VHS tapes, no better unfortunately. It will not come out in digital quality thats for sure.
            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
            Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
            ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
            Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
            XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
            Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
            Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
            *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
            *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Pinnacle bought dazzle a couple of years ago...and kept the DVC-80 and 150. I haven't heard of the Dazzle90...thought that was a typo...or maybe they've upgraded that POS. The 150 gets clear, crisp capture because it comes in as MPEG2 at up to 720x480 rez and up to 8000kbps. My DVC-80 could only capture at 320x240 (or something like that) at a much lower bit-rate...the capture never looked as good as the original VHS tape...and since I was converting my VHS library to digital, if the quality wasn't as good as the tape I didn't want to get rid of the tape. The DVC-80 was always blurrier than the tape...but the 150 was an exact copy. With it I was able to burn several hundred DVDs which i can carry around in a case...and felt comfortable about chucking boxes and boxes of vhs tapes.

Comment

• toomanycats
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2005

Those old video enhancers that used to be sold can actually help a capture by boosting the rgb signals as they take out (or correct) any phase shifting that may take place. I had the Dazzle 90 and, as with all pinnacle products, it sucked. Dropped frames amd sometimes just didn't work. I bought a cheap K-world card from Tigerdirect.com for $69.00 and it works perfectly. It was a PCI card.

Comment

Working...