Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caught-dead
    • Jun 2006

Please help!

I've been observing this forum silently for months now, and it has helped me a bit. BUT I'm a total newb...just getting my bearings in the world of codecs and reauthoring and all this stuff. So I really need help. I repeat, I'm a TOTAL newb...so please don't be too annoyed.

I have a bunch of mpegs on my computer that I want to burn to a DVD with menus and submenus. I realize I have to download seperate things for this too, but ANYWAY, I've been downloading and downloading trial upon trial upon freeware for the past three days, and in the end, I'm back where I started since I can't figure anything out. I downloaded SUPER video conversion, PUMA video conversion and DivxtoDVD to convert my mpegs into DVD compatible files (vob) but when I went to put them in DVD shrink/Nero/TMPGEnc DVD Author it said that the files weren't valid. Originally, the program I was using to convert was DivxtoDVD and it created seperate VIDEO_TS folders for my videos, except it stopped converting once I got down to the last few, so I downloaded PUMA and it didn't have a seperate folders for VIDEO_TS AND it wouldn't convert 2 or three of my remaining videos. SO...I downloaded SUPER and it's doing the same thing as the PUMA (no seperate folders) with the exception that it converted all my files. I assume I'm meant to have a seperate VIDEO_TS folder, right? That contains my IFO, BUP and VOB? So...I'm not entirely sure what to do...since nothing will let me burn onto DVD at the moment...

I'm begging for help here. Please?
    Last edited by caught-dead; 27 Sep 2006, 02:04 PM.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

I know you have been reading a lot and searching a lot but here is a link that may help you a lot. Or at least a good place to start.

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• caught-dead
      • Jun 2006

lol okay thanks...i suppose a bit more reading won't hurt terribly much.
      Last edited by caught-dead; 27 Sep 2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Well CAUGHT-DEAD, u really need 3 tools:
        1. Make ur MPEGs DVD compliant. Use TMPGEnc Plus for this.
        2.Author ur DVD(make that Video_TS and Audio_TS, menus etc.). Use TMPGEnc DVD Author for this.
        3. Burn your DVD using Nero.

And ofcourse read the hat PA provided.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...