Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figaro14
    • Jan 2007

If I only use half of the disk?

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm still getting used to the computer burner. I know if I burn on my dvd recorder and only use a portion of the blank, I can continue to add to the disk until it is full, but what about if I copy -- lets say -- only about an hour of material onto a blank using the burner. Can I still add to that disk?
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

If you are asking about a dual or single layer Dvd+ or -R, then the answer is no.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Yep soups has the answer, if you want to fill up a disc what you can do thugh is burn 2 on the same one disc. If the video you are burning is short enought to take only 1/2 the disc and you have an other one that takes only 1/2 the disc you can put both on 1 disc but this must be done at the same time once the disc is burned you cant go back and add more to it.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Atleast on +R media you shuld be able to add more stuff in different burnings - as long as you have not closed the disc.

Comment

• Figaro14
          • Jan 2007

So once I'm into burn mode, the burn closes the disk automatically? At least on a DVD-R. What would be the best procedure to put multiple disks onto one blank before I burn it? Assuming I have to run it through decryption first.

Thanks!

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

If you are going to make a movie DVD - then it will not work to add files later for a second movie. I wasn't sure if you only wanted to add pure data files.

Comment

Working...