Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kricww
    • Apr 2006

Slide Show Question

I'm looking at using DVD Slideshow Builder to make a slide show with music. Does anyone know how many photos and music can be put on a cd? I'm thinking at least 100 photos and possibly mp3 for sound. I have a cd burner and Nero to burn the cd. I'm just wondering if I need to purchase and install a dvd writer or if a cd is large enough?

Haven't downloaded the DVD Slideshow Builder yet. Thought someone here would know because I know some of you have done this. Thanks.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

What photoware do you have?

Do you have Nero?
    Gary D

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

have you already purchased slideshow builder?

if not take a look at MAGIX

i used it recently to create a slideshow for a birthday and i really love its options and quality

i cannot judge the quality of slideshow builder but in case you're going to use some nice transition effects + sound you will have to create either a SVCD or better DVD video

SVCD can be burnt to cd, for dvd you will have to have a dvd burner of course

maybe a trialversion will let you test its output quality?

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

What you will be able to fit on a cd will depend on what size the photo's are and what size the music files are. No way of knowing that. You will have to do the math. Look at how many mb your blank cd's have and the size of your photos and the size of your music. .mp3 will take up less space.

I personally like Ulead dvd picture show.
        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 11 May 2006, 08:54 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

you cannot simply add up the size of picture + sound

in case you are using transitions then the entire pictures + sounds will have to be converted to a movie stream as svcd or dvd format and that'll be a different math
          Last edited by UncasMS; 12 May 2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

You have a point there.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• C00L_GUY
              • Jun 2006

Is there any Free Software to Make an slide show with Music at the back.??

Thanks...

Comment

• benbryant
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Aug 2005

For a nice and freeware, please try the Sliade Show Movie Maker:

Regards

Comment

• C00L_GUY
                  • Jun 2006

Thankyou for your help, I must Try It )

It Looks Good.

Comment

• Jada^AoC
                    • Mar 2005

Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder is a very nice program. The only feature i don't like is the watermark on output and the nasty nagscreens in the program but hey i'm a reverse engineerer so np for me to patch this lil bitch. Maybe it's not legal to post that here but if someone of you need this program fully regged pm me

Greetz

Comment

• alan1476
                      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Jada^AoC
                      Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder is a very nice program. The only feature i don't like is the watermark on output and the nasty nagscreens in the program but hey i'm a reverse engineerer so np for me to patch this lil bitch. Maybe it's not legal to post that here but if someone of you need this program fully regged pm me

Greetz
                      You should take a look at VSOs PhototoDVD, great prgram and very easy to use, you can add music to the background and animate the photos.
                      AMD OPTERON 185 Dual Core 2.6MHz/
                      Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB
                      Seasonic600WPSU/WDRAPTORX150GIG-10,000RPM/WDCaviar SE 16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s HD
                      V/C-MSI-ATIXI600PRO256mbsDDR2-CORSAIR XMS 2X1gig matched set 3-3-3-8-1t-w/heatspreadersPC3200-Thermaltake Armor Case-Dual Monitor 24" Sony/19" Sony, Harman Karden Speakers/WinXProSP2
                      BenQ1620,1640x3,1650,1655,Nec3520,3540,LG4163,Sony 810ULc/f toBenQ164BEFB

Comment

Working...