X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

Ok, to Setarip, yes, I downloaded it, but I edited it, and it was the edited piece (an XviD) that I tryed to convert to Mpg1.....

And uncas, like I said, i did donwload it, (and it was in MPG1 format) and I cut a part of it to XviD, so I know that I have both codecs (XviD and MPG)

And about this...

" tmpeg has problems with some kind of vbr sound streams.
    thus it might turn out worth your while to convert your avi's soundstream back to WAVE and then feed the video only and wave file into tmpeg SEPARATELY! "

is there some kind of article / tutorial on this site about this?

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

demuxing i.e. splitting the file into its original streams: audio + video (+ possible other streams like subtitles or chapters etc) can be done with virtualdubMOD ( and i mean ...MOD!!):
      [ http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sou..._inclusive.zip ]

1. load the file into vdMOD

(should you receive any error message from vdmod like rewriting header say NO)

2. set video to direct stream

3. go to Stream => Stream List

click on the sound stream and then use DEMUX

this will save the file in its original format

4. now click on this same audio stream in stream list again and DISABLE it

5. FILE => SAVE AS will now save your video only

now audio and video are demuxed

in order to convert the sound to wave, besweet would be my tool of choice

having done so, load video and wave separtely into tmpeg in order to convert it to mpeg-1/2

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To vic_vega

"Ok, to Setarip, yes, I downloaded it, but I edited it, and it was the edited piece (an XviD) that I tryed to convert to Mpg1....."

Absolutely NOTHING I've posted in this thread has been addressed to you.

And you've just provided proof positive of "babygurl22's" assertion that your "tagalong" posting to this thread has done nothing but add confusion...

Comment

• BaybieGurl22
          • Aug 2003

okay look guys.. im not trying to start a war here really im not.. i just wanted a little help... and i appreciate it really i do.. i do have all the codecs installed... and i mean all of them i downloaded every codec under the sun .. i have codecs for stuff i dont even have... but yet it seems like every file have somthing different going on with it... some work in some programs and not in others but there is always a glitch... i here what your saying rip about the p2p forum... and yes they are files tat ive downlaoded... but also ive never had any prblems in the past this has all benn since this XVid crap came along i hate it lol.. but hey thats life right... i wasnt trying to tell anyone how to run there forum admin i just requested that Vic post his own topic.. becausee in all reality his problem is nothing like mine.. the issues he having are things ive never really encountered (thank good i dont need more issues) as we speak im running the "files" in question through one of the programs from the sight called "EasyX Video Converter" and i copyed a small portion of the ocnverted video and i can tell that its not at all up to TMPGEnc standards which ive grown accostomed to after all you dont go from cavier to tapioca.. but that leads me to wonder if it is simple something that TMPGEnc simply hasnt addapted for as i had said earlier i Tryed MainConcepts Mpeg Encoder and that worked fine up untill the end of the video.. i then went ahead and took some advise and converted it to PAL instead or NSTC hoping i could load the PAL file into TMPGEnc and still no luck... Basically im asking for Perhaps a new program something i havent tryed yet.. as i ported earlier i have no clue how to run VDub it has allways elluded me as ive picked all this up as i went along.. after all the only i ever needed before Was TMPGEnc and now i feel lost.. As for my files that DO load into TMPGEnc do either of you perhaps know why they are Doubling.. What i mean is the file size doubles the first half is Video and the Second is just black nothing.. there is no audio at all perhaps i can fix that and deal with the lower quality on the XVid's as those wont even open in TMPGEnc at all! ... Thanks Again

Comment

Working...