Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • incognito247
    • Aug 2002

converting software for dvd to divx...

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an easy software/utility that would convert a dvd to a 700mb size divx. I tried a few programs but they seem very confusing. I was hoping someone knew of a new program that does it easier. Thanks in advance for your replies... -mike
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

it would be helpful to tell us WHICH tools you tried and do not consider easy.

Comment

• incognito247
      • Aug 2002

sorry, i tried dvd2avi , thempg encoder (i think) , and a few others awhile ago but someone told me there was a program out there that easily converts it to a specific size and its fairly easy. I just dont want to use mutiple programs to convert a dvd 2 divx. I was looking for a single program that does it all.

Comment

• d-clone
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by incognito247
        I was looking for a single program that does it all.
        If you want t program that does it all, its most likely that your movie will come out looking like crap, if you dont invest time and balls on it, it wont come out the least bit good.

Comment

• uklawman
          • Aug 2002

Having tried/tested many encoding programs I can reccomend that you use Gordian Knot for all your 700mb rips. A single interface manages the whole process of creating 1,2 or 3 cd rips and the quality with divx 5.2 is the best you can hope for with so little effort...

Of course with a little more effort you can tweak it further and create .ogm files, that sound as good as the DVD your backing up. But for now, stick with using Gordian Knot as it is and before you know it, you will soon be creating high quality backups in your sleep

Download Gordian Knot + 0.26 Beta update

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Read the guide on how to use and set it up here

Comment

• nobilia28
            Suspended
            • Aug 2002

I know a powerful, high efficient and is easy to use tool to convert a DVD movie to a Divx file, that is "Dvd to Divx" ,only takes up 1/10 original DVD space . You can download the trial version free from www.dvd_to_divx.com
            You can use Divx Pro 5.0.2 as codec which you can download free at http://www.divx.com , also download Divx Player at http://www.divx.com to play back Divx movies or PowerDVD downloading at internet .
            Why not have a try ?
            Last edited by UncasMS; 5 Aug 2002, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

You wouldn't be the same person as the suspended dvdhackmaster, would you? Your words are exactly the same and as if they were taken from a readily copied set of words...

Comment

• incognito247
                • Aug 2002

Thanks everyone! Gonna go try em all right now...

Comment

• ACIDROP
                  • Aug 2002

try this one..

hi!
                  I've tried many progz out there for DVD->Divx conversion
                  I think that the best of all is GordianKnot with diference...
                  But since you seem a beginner i would advice you to try Vidomi
                  Encoder (www.vidomi.org) which is easy to use,it uses Divx3,Divx5xx and XVid codec (one and two pass all of them!)
                  and which it can convert at the size you want it too..1 or 2 CDs!

Try it i think it will work for you..

Comment

Working...