Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • truesoldier
    • Nov 2002

i need help please someone!

i downloaded this movie off of kazaa and it wont play in my media player its mpeg-4 format for audio and angelpotion for video. the video wont play but the audio will. what do i need to do?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Install the Angelpotion codec, which, if I remember right, can be found in the latest Tsunami codec pack.

Comment

• truesoldier
      • Nov 2002

i dont know what the problem is

i used this program telling me what kind of codecs the movie needed nd it said i have all the codecs needed for it to play properly

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

which, if I remember right, can be found in the latest Tsunami codec pack
        TRUE

4.1.0.3917 is part of the 396 filterpack
        Last edited by UncasMS; 25 Nov 2002, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Re: i dont know what the problem is

Originally posted by truesoldier
          i used this program telling me what kind of codecs the movie needed nd it said i have all the codecs needed for it to play properly
          1. Open the file in Virtualdub
          2. Go to File -> File Information. Post what information you see here.

Comment

• Alexander
            • Nov 2002

Re: Re: i dont know what the problem is

Originally posted by Enchanter
            1. Open the file in Virtualdub
            2. Go to File -> File Information. Post what information you see here.
            Hey guys i have the same problem! KaZaA can't play all movies, just the sound.
            But I do not understand anything at all what you are talking about. What is Angelpotion codec, Tsunami codec and Virtualdub?

Is there no media-player outhere who understands the formats automaticaly? What I have to do? How do I recognize what kind of format the downloaded video has?

Please help me

Comment

• truesoldier
              • Nov 2002

vituraldub wont open it cuz it cant locate decompressor for format dx50

it wont open it. the frame rate is 23 frames/sec, data rate is 139 kbps,video sample size is 24 bit. plz help me cuz i really wanna see this movie cuz they dont sell it anywhere else round here.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

cant locate decompressor for format dx50

install DIVX5

either go to www.divx.com or download Tsunamis filterpack, which contains all the filters one might normally need, from my page.

click the upper anigif

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Alexander
                  Hey guys i have the same problem! KaZaA can't play all movies, just the sound.
                  But I do not understand anything at all what you are talking about. What is Angelpotion codec, Tsunami codec and Virtualdub?
                  Codecs (COmpressor/DECompressor) are required to play (decode) the compressed contents of a video. There are many different kinds of codecs, such as the obscure Angelpotion and the far more popular DivX codecs.

The Tsunami codec pack is basically a collection of codecs and different utilities and tools. The Nimo is another well-known codec pack.

Virtualdub is basically an encoder and video capture program that has found its use amongst video editors, including DVD rippers ( ). You input your video to be converted, set some settings and wait for it to finish outputting to the final AVI file.

Is there no media-player outhere who understands the formats automaticaly? What I have to do? How do I recognize what kind of format the downloaded video has?
                  The Playa claims this capability, but it is a buggy piece of crap. As to recognising what codecs are used to compress a given video, you can load it up into Virtualdub and going to File -> File Information.

Comment

Working...