• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: well, I finished the encoding..

Originally posted by Nadav
    And seems that the quality is much better now (compared to the encoding that I make before).

I also forgot to mention that the sound was vbr 128 - 360 and sized 100 mb and seems to me that most rips are at 50 mb more or less a few mb, so I think that I could make a much quality rip
    if I was do a 32 - 128 vbr audio and spare the mega bytes for video encoding.
    I wouldn't actually want to bring down the audio quality lower than 128kbps. As long as your video bitrate is sufficiently high, that should do (959kbps is good enough to me).

A few things that you might check that you have done:
    1. Check that the STATS file has indeed been generated and selected in the Bitrate Curve tab
    2. Enable Curve Compression. Depending on each movie, you will have to select a value (try not to go higher than 25%). If the movie contains mostly low-motion scenes, with only a few instances of fast-motion, choosing a high compression value is wise. Use lower compression if you are working on a source with relatively a lot of fast-motion scenes
    3. Try not to force the min allowed bitrate and high-pass values too high. It's not doing you any good, unless you happen to be working under very low bitrate
    4. Increase the Payback Delay and enable 'corrections on low-bitrate conditions'
    5. Use a DRF of 2-8. I've been using this anyway and everything's fine to me

Comment

• Nadav
      • Dec 2002

well, some of your suggestions

was in the Doom's guide and I follow him, please explain:

* In how much to increase Payback Delay? (45 sec is selected)

* I have inserted the state file in the "Encode Using" line,
      what about the "Collect in" line? should I put the state file in there too?

I'am using --r3mix VBR Sound settings - Is this good? I've heard that ABR is much better or what?

Again thank you very much for your help .

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

In how much to increase Payback Delay? (45 sec is selected)
        I usually increase it to the max 120sec.

have inserted the state file in the "Encode Using" line,
        what about the "Collect in" line? should I put the state file in there too?
        Just make sure that the STATS file generated has been selected by the encoder. You are fine the way it is now.

I'am using --r3mix VBR Sound settings - Is this good? I've heard that ABR is much better or what?
        I'm only using the LAME --alt-preset settings. I've not been an active participant in the MP3 scene, so I can't say how good your choice is.

Comment

Working...