Problem with Virtualdub and VFAPI (DVD2AVI)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MADDOG2002
    • Jan 2003

Problem with Virtualdub and VFAPI (DVD2AVI)

You open the Vob Files in DVD2Avi and then choose the correct Audio Channel they are usually in the same order as on the DVD player (e.g. PowerDVD Or WinDVD)

Then you choose "File-->Save Project" NOT "Save Avi"

Choose Folder and wait. Make sure you have a .Wav and a .D2V if you only have the .D2V file try choosing a diffrent audio Channel.

When it's done you open the .D2V file in the VFapi program and choose convert it.

You now have a "Fake" Avi file, you can open in VirtualDub. The file uses the VFapi Codec to link to the pictures in the vob files.
    Everything seems to be working ok till I come to this step.

You open the file in VirtualDub open the Audio and choose your codecs and type "File-->Save Avi)

When I try to open the .avi file generated by VFAPI, I get a 'CANNOT DETERMINE FILE TYPE' error in VirtualDub. I figured there was a problem with VirtualDub and tried playing it in a media player and I get a similar error message.

What am I doing wrong? I have gone through the guides over and over again and searched everything but am not able to fix this.

I am using a Pentium II - 400MHz and I am on XP Pro.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Have you run the file VIFPSET.BAT (included in the vFAPI package)?

Comment

• MADDOG2002
      • Jan 2003

Yes I did. I believe I followed all the instructions properly.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

fyi: avisynth works faster and is more powerful than vfapi for frameserving!

Comment

Working...