Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The VirtualDub message indicates that the audiostream is, indeed, in VBR .MP3 format. Simply follow my previous instructions as to how to extract the VBR audiostream as a .WAV file...

Comment

• seanandjilluk
      • Jan 2003

Wicked I shall go ahead and try that now, with fingers crossed !!
      Will these settings help the jekyness of the ones ive done previously?
      and is it best to encode the one big full avi and then split it or split the avi and then encode?
      (Ive got the avi in two parts)

also last but not least, once all is encoded and good, what should be the process of burning it with nero? i admit i usually use nero express, im a bit unsure ... i know its pushin it but do you think you can pass on some steps on how to burn the vcd ?

Thanks ever so much you have been a great help and stopped me losing any more of my hair!!!!!!!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"what should be the process of burning it with nero?"

Read my previous instructions on creating the VCD (Simply use NERO to BURN the VCD, NOT to create/convert it - because you've already done the conversion in TMPGEnc)

"Thanks ever so much you have been a great help and stopped me losing any more of my hair!!!!!!!!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• seanandjilluk
          • Jan 2003

hi, i understand that the vcd is already created but when i go into nero do i go through > new and then >create vcd etc?
          If you could tell me the steps once nero is open i would be grateful!!
          Thanks

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Click on the VCD icon
            Click on the "New" radio button
            "Drag and drop" the .MPG file into the window that has captions such as "Track", "Title", "Duration", "Pause", "Size", etc.
            After NERO finishes analyzing and shows a colored timeline, click on the "Burn" icon

Comment

• seanandjilluk
              • Jan 2003

Yep i got it now, ive burnt off the first one, and yipee sound!! but..........the sound is about 10 secs ahead of the video, I think this has something to do with the fact i dropped the frame rate from 30 to 25 , dont ask me why i did it??
              Am i right in assuming this is the prob? ive started again at 30fps will this be it this time!!!??!!!?!??!?!?

Lets hope so.............

Thanks very much 4 your help it has been very graciously recieved!!!!! I can sleep easy tonight!!!!!!!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

If you're dropping the framerate in an attempt to make the VCD in PAL format, make certain that ALL related settings under both "Video" and "Advanced" are set to PAL configurations...

"Thanks very much 4 your help it has been very graciously recieved!!!!! I can sleep easy tonight!!!!!!!"

May you (and Jill) have pleasant dreams - hopefully not of My Big Fat Greek Wedding ;>}

Comment

• seanandjilluk
                  • Jan 2003

still probs

Guess what....still probs!!

Cant seeem to get audio and vid to synch up, i am tryin to get it in pal format followed steps accuratle but still sound is 10secs out!

Any ideas??!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Open VirtualDub (or NanDub)
                    Load the silent .AVI
                    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "WAV audio"
                    Load the .WAV file
                    Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy".
                    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving"
                    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by" (This may take some experimentation)
                    Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...