Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phillfyspoon
    • Jan 2003

Superbad quality dvd2divx HELP!!!

I have been trying to convert a dvd 2 divx with bad luck i have been using every method (flask, xmpeg, dvd2avi and more) with divx 5.3 but the result is really bad quality, artifacts everywhere even at 4000kbs!! i have tryed different sources like the dolby city trailer vob at cinenow.com and is total gabage at high bitrates it does the same on all 3 of my computers

why is this is it winxp with SP1 thats the only thing i can think of?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

since we have nothing to bases any suggestion on what settings did you use or what guide did you follow?

you must be doing some mistake thats obvious - question is where did you go wrong.

click my upper anigif in my signature and take a look at my gordianknot+divx502 guide if you like

you wont find much better quality

Comment

• phillfyspoon
      • Jan 2003

Just followed that guide and still no luck why dont you try my file get it at cinenow.com in vob trailers its the doby city trailer no matter what i do the end quality is terrible even at over 4000kps with the source 720x540 (6 Mbps)

why?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

sorry, i dont get you

what do you want us to do?

converting that trailer and tell you how the outcome is?
        Last edited by UncasMS; 27 Jan 2003, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• phillfyspoon
          • Jan 2003

yes just to see if im going mad no matter what i do the quality isnt up to the source even at 8000kps.

Comment

• phillfyspoon
            • Jan 2003

i have searched the net for a solution and nothing i have encounted posts on forums with people have the same trouble here is one from vcdhelp.com

I'm relatively new to conversion, but i seem to be having one consistent problem - any time i start the dvd to divx (or xvid) conversion, the final product is riddled with compression artifacts. i've tried changing several things, all to no avail.

i'm raised the bitrate -- this helps but ONLY if i raise it to a ridiculous amount like 4000 Kb/s. that would create a huge file.

deinterlace - several different virtualdub options -- smart deinterlace, deinterlace, deinterlace/smooth (this was a minor help, though it took 8 hours for half a movie), field bob, etc. doesn't help. it does get rid of jagged lines, but nothing else

the same happens on xvid or divx. i've tried this mostly in virtualdub, but also in vidomi and flaskmpeg, each with similar results. i've also looked at countless guides and nothing.

what am i missing? any help or a pointing in the right direction would be appreciated. thanks...

this is just one of three posts i have found it is bugging me like mad i know i have seen top notch divx quality so why cant i get it even at super high bitrates?
            Last edited by phillfyspoon; 27 Jan 2003, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...