Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tadysak
    • Mar 2003

Trouble converting Xvid video w/ 5 channel audio

I have a few files that are in Xvid codec. I can watch them for I have the codec. I can hear them but with TFT filter engaged. My problem is Tmpge will not open the audio file but it will open the video file. I have Virtual dub and the file info says it is in 5 channel stereo and has an unknown tag for codec. When I try to convert the file in Virtual Dub it says that I must match frequency and # of channels to convert. I can match the frequency, but not the # of channels with the options I have in Vitual dub. I have dubbed alot of files with Virtual dub and know how to use it but I can't figure this one out. Does anyone know how I can convert these files so I can burn them to VCD? If I could dub the audio file I could run them trough Tmpge and then burn them but I need help.

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Unknown (tag 2000)", which I'm quite sure was the information, is a reference to .AC3 format audio. Download and install an .AC3 codec/filter.

Reboot your system.

Then, in TMPGEnc, under "Environmental Settings", set the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" to the highest priority listed ("1" is usually sufficient.

TMPGEnc will now be able to process both the video and audio streams of this file...

Comment

• Tadysak
      • Mar 2003

I have the AC3 codec and I tried the Tmpge Priority on media set it to 1 but then it said runtime error. It will open the video but not the audio. Any ideas??

Thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

extract the ac3 from your avi with virtualdubMOD
        (open file => avi => demux audio)

convert this ac3 to either wav which tmpeg will accept as audio input or directly to mp2 which can be muxed later on with your video stream.

use besweet/gui for the audio conversion

this guide deals with ogg creation, but turning ac3 into wave/mp2 is just the same:

Last edited by UncasMS; 14 Mar 2003, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...