Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bond9228
    • Mar 2003

Im really confused

OK! well lets see now i downloaded a xvid movie. Now HOW do i play it? i know i need codec. Where do i get this codec? and how do i install it, etc. PLEASE im a newbie
  • Bond9228
    • Mar 2003

okie dokey talk about a fast reply eh?

Comment

• Tadysak
      • Mar 2003

Go Software section and down load Mpeg4 codec. You may need an audio codec too if so go to software and find the TFM audio filter. download it and then you can watch it. If you cannot find TFM it is in the nimo codec pack. Just go to custom installation and chose only that. There are alot of other codecs there too. Divx is a good one too. You will find that the audio is in 5 channel format. I am having trouble converting it to VCD but if you have the Mpeg4 codec and TFM audio filter, you can watch it. I'll let you know once I figure out the VCD conversion thing. Hope this helps

Comment

• Bond9228
        • Mar 2003

hehe dont need it anymore i got it working. thanx anywho! YET ANOTHER FAST REPLY ! lol

Comment

• Tadysak
          • Mar 2003

How did you get it??? I am having trouble converting the same file to VCD can't get TMPGe to open the audio. I have tried raising environmental settings and still no luck I can watch it but not burn it??? Any ideas

Comment

• D0c_H0liday
            • Mar 2003

im really confused part II

hi, im new
            i just read the problem of Bond9228 and i have the same one too, i dont really understand the reply of Tadysak. He said to download Mpeg 4 in the sofware section. i did that but what do i do now? i might have downloaded the wrong one because when i try to extract it, it says no files to extract. i am really lost please help me.

-D0c

Comment

• alcskid
              Movie Lovers
              • Jan 2003

For Xvid codec can be grab at :

Just run the EXE, restart PC, and watch your movie.

Still had a problem ? Then you must grab GSpot program to identify your Codec need. Attach at this forum, so we can analyze it.
              ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

going for an xvid codec is a good start.

but make sure to grab a more up2date version.

xvid is being improved almost any week and thus a codec version dated end of last year will have trouble with newer files (bframes might be a key word).

use www.google.com and look for koepi + xvid

Comment

Working...