Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyboy
    • Mar 2003

div3 problem audio synch

hi guys, I have joined 2 div3 files audio is mp3 format, the avi file when joined is in perfect synch. I then change the frame rate using avifrate to 25 fps (for pal) and extract the audio using vdub, I nename the audio to *.mp3 and use besweet to convert it from mp3 to ac3 and ntsc to pal. this should correct the synch but its still out. any ideas?

thx

tommy
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

why would you change the framerate of an avi, when everything runs fine?

Comment

• tommyboy
      • Mar 2003

ok i'm not sure i understand this please tell me if i'm wrong.

ntsc is 23.976fps or 29.997fps and pal is 25.000fps.

the divx avi is 640x272 (i think) and 23.976fps. which i think is ntsc format.

I want to convert the divx to mpeg2 and import it into spruce up and make a pal dvd video from it.

or am i missing something, I thought it had to be converted to 25fps and 720x576 for it to work in a pal dvd player?

help most welcome

tommy

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

no, if you want to make a dvdr, use the original framerate and use TMPGEnc to encode at a pal framerate. It won't cause any sync problems if it changes to pal, at least not in my experience. The resolution that high won't really matter. I usually keep mine at ~340x288 (vcd since I don't have a dvd burner) and it looks great.
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• tommyboy
          • Mar 2003

I tried tmpgenc before and when it converted divx to avi (23.976 - 25.000) the picture would stutter every second or so. I posted this problem and someone told me that it can't be done like that because there's nothing to fill the extra 1 frame in (from 23.976 - 25.000). is this right if not how is it done.

tnx

tommy

Comment

Working...