Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • veggiegirl
    • Apr 2003

access to avi with dvdx?

i use dvdx to reformat so i can burn svcd to be played in my dvd player. my question is if i download a movie that is in avi format or similar how do i access it to be reformatted? when i open dvdx it only allows me to access ifo, vob, or mpg. is there a way to do this?
    *success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion....you must set yourself on fire.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you might rather use tmpeg for the conversion avi => vcd/svcd

Comment

• veggiegirl
      • Apr 2003

ok.........wheis it easy to use? are there any settings that i need to know?
      *success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion....you must set yourself on fire.

Comment

• Toast B|M
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

there are lotta learning guides that will take you through it. guides at digital-forums and vcdhelp are good ones to begin with.
        just for your info when you convert them to vcd you lose quality, theres a reason why divx/xvid avi are so popular, they offer best quality for size. IMO you should go for a no name brand dvd player like APEX etc that plays avi files....
        my apex even plays avi files without any modification, all i have to do is copy avi to cd
        www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• veggiegirl
          • Apr 2003

what program do you use to burn your avi? i usually use nero and it keeps telling me that i don't have the right plugin but i've downloaded and installed it five times and it keeps telling me the same thing.

Comment

• Toast B|M
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2003

just type svcd in the search box in these forums, there are dozens of threads addressing issues regarding nero, and solutions ofcourse
            www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

Using DVD2SVCD (check out doom9.org guides) in conjunction with TMPGenc or CCE will allow you to easily create (s)vcd's.

Comment

• veggiegirl
                • Apr 2003

after i posted i finally found the right plugin for nero. thanxx for the help guys.

Comment

Working...