Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1ngkong
    • Apr 2003

Deinterlacing?? Whats Good??

What do u recommend for a deinterlacing program? i am currently using flaskmpeg and the only codec which allows deinterlacing is divx. BUt, the quality lowers so much when i enable deinterlacing...is there a way i can deinterlace and not suffer so much quality loss? please help
  • Toast B|M
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

deinterlacin should not lower the quality, it never happened to me,
    check all the settings to make sure your reolution is ok, should be multiples of 8.
    www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i would not consider deinterlacing based on the codec a good choice, neither would i use flask for transcoding let alone de-interlacing.

there are numerous virtualdub/avisynth filters that work very good and will not diminish the quality.

Comment

• k1ngkong
        • Apr 2003

thanx

thanx for the info guys, your right deinterlacing from the codec is definately not a good idea... i tried it and its horrible. as for using flask to deinterlace isnt all too bad i was able to turn a 1gig interlaced vob into a 200mb mpeg2 deinterlaced video with good quality. if any1 wants to kno how i did it just let me kno.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Try deinterlacing a video stream with solid blocks of colour and you will find out why I moved on from Flask years ago.

I personally find the Decomb Avisynth filter to offer more flexible and powerful options, as well as having excellent to perfect results compared to plain deinterlacing.

Comment

• k1ngkong
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Enchanter
            Try deinterlacing a video stream with solid blocks of colour and you will find out why I moved on from Flask years ago.
            yah i kinda figured flask is more like a noobie version cuz of the simplicity. so what would you suggest ? ive tried dvd2avi, kn, and a couple others but i couldnt even work em. anything for a intermediate converter?

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

DVX is my first choice with full access to avisynth filters such as deinterlacing or convolution3d or lanczos resizer:

Comment

• k1ngkong
                • Apr 2003

I actually would like to use another program but, since ima noob it might be a little tough...in your opinion is the learning curve for DVX worth its ending result? cuz if so i might just have to give it a shot...ohh and does DVX have an option to encode many vobs into one avi? or something along those lines? thanx for the help everyone

Comment

• t3ch
                  H4x0r of Gibsons
                  • Mar 2003

Well that question kind of depends per person, however I see no reason why anyone would settle for a lower quality when they can just change a setting or two.

DVX doesn't have much of a learning curve, just select the options you need for the particular video (resize, deinterlace, smooth, etc), give it the codec information and it's good to go.

So again, when it's not hard in the first place, I see no reason to not use it just because you have to click a few more buttons than usual.

yah i kinda figured flask is more like a noobie version cuz of the simplicity. so what would you suggest ? ive tried dvd2avi, kn, and a couple others but i couldnt even work em. anything for a intermediate converter?
                  If you can't figure something out try searching the archives or making a post stating your problem, I'm sure someone will be happy to help you

BTW, you probably could've downloaded DVX and tried it out for yourself by the time you got replies (it takes what, 3 minutes to download?). Don't be afraid to make mistakes or try new things out, just gotta keep at it.
                  OGSTH! my webpage
                  ----------------------------
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

ohh and does DVX have an option to encode many vobs into one avi? or something along those lines?
                    of course it DOES

dvx does not lack any feature even advanced users will need and thus of course it wont waste the users time with insufficient vob handling like flask does.

if you want a helping hand for your first steps through dvx, click on the picture in my signature.
                    the guide you will find is not up2date since dvx is being develepoed very fast, but you should find a rough guide for a first rip.

for detailed questions on dvx go to the dvx forum - a link is in my guide.

Comment

• k1ngkong
                      • Apr 2003

Thanx for the help guys, I guess it cant hurt to give it a shot...

Comment

• k1ngkong
                        • Apr 2003

Ok after trying out DVX i just cant get it to work i tried to followed the directions but it isnt working...is there an updated guide to DVX cuz im stumped. help!!!!!

Comment

• k1ngkong
                          • Apr 2003

for some reason when i place in my vob file to open it. DVX doesnt create a sound file like it says it would in the guide. So what do i do now? i think i dl'd an updated version of dvx from the one that was stated in the guide. And when i try to encode my avi it says "member 'stream' not found" and then there is no avi file.
                          Last edited by k1ngkong; 16 Apr 2003, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

maybe reading the official DVX forum might help:

Comment

Working...