Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beez
    • Jan 2003

Converting subtitles from Vobsub .sub to Subrip .srt

I'm using GordianKnot, Vobsub fot subtitle ripping. When I play a movie DirectVobsub opens automatically and I find it irritating. I prefer to open the subtitles from BSPlayer so I can change font, position and size because from DirectVobsub I can't.

Is there a program I can use to convert these subtitles cause I find .srt and .txt files much preferable.

Thanx!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try subtitle workshop

Comment

• beez
      • Jan 2003

I've tried it and though it's a very good program for other conversions and subtitle processing it doesn't even open the Vobsub subtitles: Unknown Format

Any other ideas?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Comment

• daishi1002
          • Oct 2004

I also had the same problem.

I searched for nearly a day and the only solution i found:

In the VobSub Software, there is a Tool, called "subresync.exe"

Just open your .sub in it, select "Save as.../.srt", then the programm tries to convert the pictures into txt. When it find a character, which it doesnt understand it displays it and you enter the correct character. That goes on for a while.

It took me <5min for one .sub file

Hope it helps

Regards
          Daishi1002

P.S. Here is a manual, its in spanish, but with pictures
          Tutorial in espanol

Comment

• noobsaibot
            • Apr 2002

When I play a movie DirectVobsub opens automatically and I find it irritating
            You can disable the auto-loading feature on Directvob, just right click on the green arrow on your systray during the playback and you should see it.

Is there a program I can use to convert these subtitles cause I find .srt and .txt files much preferable.
            If you want to use these types of subtitle (text subtitles) you will have to do OCR like daishi1002 suggest, because the subtitles in .idx and .sub aren't in text mode.

Also don't forget that even using these subs (srt, txt, etc) if the subs have the same name as the file, Directvobsub will always auto-load them.

Comment

Working...