Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alucard83
    • May 2003

Frameserver gone bad

Hey, I recently found out that my frameserver made with the VFAPI codec just shows a complete black screen when playing. Actually, it worked fine before but after encoding with VD, it seems to not work anymore. I need to re-encode my movie (cowoy bebop movie ) because I accidentily deleted my full XviD encode by mistake Anyway, I dont have the original DVD anymore and trying to convert the .d2v file just doesnt work - I get an error saying its not a valid .d2v anymore - wtf. So my question is - how can I get VD or any other proggie recognize the vfapi file or even the .d2v file w/o having to rip the entire movie again(since I dont have the dvd anymore)? Thnx a bunch!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you can re-create the d2v without having to rerip

Comment

• alucard83
      • May 2003

Originally posted by UncasMS
      you can re-create the d2v without having to rerip
      Yea so uhh, how do I go about doin that?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i wonder where you got your d2v file from in the first place or which routine you were using that you dont know the basic steps, but take a look at my guide and i hope you will be able to solve your problem:

go to 2.0:

Comment

• alucard83
          • May 2003

Yes, I did use DVD2AVI(v1.76) to extract the d2v file and I used some programs to try and view it including the most recent version of gordian knot but it was no use. But as I said before, after using this file to encode the movie then using it again won't work. Is there a way to work around this?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Did you happen to have moved the VOB files somewhere else on your computer (thus invalidating your existing D2V file)?

Comment

• alucard83
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Enchanter
              Did you happen to have moved the VOB files somewhere else on your computer (thus invalidating your existing D2V file)?
              DAMNIT - I forgot I needed those to run the d2v file Well, i deleted it yes so now I'm assed out Anyway, thanks for the help guys

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2003

Perhaps they are still in the recycle bin if they weren't too big?

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by alucard83
                  DAMNIT - I forgot I needed those to run the d2v file Well, i deleted it yes so now I'm assed out Anyway, thanks for the help guys
                  That pretty much answered the mystery to the 'black' frameserver.

Comment

• alucard83
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by SKD_Tech
                    Perhaps they are still in the recycle bin if they weren't too big?
                    No, I deleted those VOB files soon after I encoded the movie and that was a couple of weeks ago. And I also deleted the Norton protected files so I can forget about that Anyway, i made a copy of the movie to my friend so I'm not worrying that bad

Comment

Working...