Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurdi
    • Jun 2003

DVD to DivX full package comparisons

I've been using Gordian Knot for some time now to convert DVD's into DivX, however the latest version of Gknot (.28 b2) has a few minor bugs in it (at least on my system) and after reading some postings on this forum I think I would like to try DVX.

My question is
    1- Will installing the DVX systempack conflict with the Gknot Rippack (which installs Avisynth, Besweet, and other tools as well).

2- How do some of the packages out there compare in terms of quality and speed (and less importantly ease of use). Specifically

-Gknot (it takes some 5 hours to convert a DVD on my system; quality is excellent)
    -DVX
    -DVDx2.2
    -XMPEG 5.01
    -Dr. DivX

Thanks a bunch.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

gk and dvx use/can use the same avisynth, besweet and dvd2avi version.

moreover, you could simply install either gk's or dvx's systempack with only the parts, you havent already installed on your system.

there's no difference in speed between gk and dvx as long as you use the same codec/settings!

both use virtualdub(mod) for the transcoding part and avisynth for frameserving and besweet for the audio stream(s).

handling/setting up your profiles and support for various filters/formats is differently in those two *guis* thus it is a matter of taste which one prefers.

quality and speed should NOT differ.

concerning dr. divx: i have tested it once and the results wouldnt meet my expectations:

Talk about DivX/XviD programs not covered by any of the above forums
    Last edited by UncasMS; 4 Jun 2003, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...