Suggested Conversion Procedure Involving DVD -> AVI Conversion Allowing for Watermark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spooky0903
    • May 2002

Suggested Conversion Procedure Involving DVD -> AVI Conversion Allowing for Watermark

I've been trying to convert some footage off of a DVD... however, FlaskMPEG, XMPEG, and DVD2AVI result in "blurred" video... almost like a "motion blur". So, I tried creating D2V files with DVD2AVI and then creating a VFAPI file (with a VFAPI codec) and opening the resulting VFAPI file in VirtualDub where I would do my resizing and compression. DVD2AVI seperates the audio from the video into either an AC3 or WAV file. I have tried both and have discovered that the audio file is longer than the video file. When I tried encoding and multiplexing the audio with the video in VirtualDub, I get a totally out-of-sync result.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a course of action. Again, the reason why I am using VirtualDub is a combination of having the "motion-blur" effect along with the fact that I need to insert a watermark into the converted video. Any suggestions?

Thanks a million.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i usually rip my data with smartripper in moviemode.
    next comes dvd2avi for creating the d2v file and demuxing audio streams.

those streams have never been corrupt.

question is therefor, how you ripped the data?

maybe you could take a look at my settings/routines:

click on my dvd backup anigif

Comment

Working...