Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dustbug
    • Jun 2003

Problem riping the Goonies

I am trying to rip The Goonies R4 dvd to divx using DVDX but I am having problems. It will encode fine for the first 2 minutes of the movie but once it gets to a certain point, it will go back about 1 minute in the movie and continue encoding from there (resulting in the final file having the same 1 minute footage twice, if that makes sense.) The second time it gets to the point where it previously skipped back 1min, it will contiue thru encoding fine.
    I've never expreienced this problem before & was wondering if anyone had any ideas whats going on?
    cheers
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

dvdx or the ripping process must be to blame.

extract the dvd data with smartripper's moviemode ( i successfully did that with rc2 of the goonies) or with dvd decrypter and give it another try or even use a better transcoding tool than dvdx.

Comment

• dustbug
      • Jun 2003

Yeah I thought it would probably be DVDX, it also did it after extracting the VOBs to hard disk & encoding from there.

I'm gonna give another program a go, probably gordian knot.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Sounds like you've got a multi-angle film. If, as UncasMS has suggested, you use DVDDecrypter to rip the "Movie only", click on the "Edit" dropdown menu and put a checkmark in the box labelled "Multiangle". The first "angle" is usually the one you want...

Comment

• dustbug
          • Jun 2003

cool, thanx for the tip

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"cool, thanx for the tip"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...