Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syris
    • Jan 2002

Terminator2

I have had no problems using SmartRipper + Flask 0.6 to backup my DVDs except one.
    I'm trying to backup my Terminator2:The Ultimate Edition DVD and although ripping is having no problems, Flask keeps crashing after only 9% encoding with divx 4.12. I have succesfully backuped other DVDs since this so I know Flask is working.

Any else have problems with this DVD? Any suggestions?

I'm on Win2000 SP2 with AMD 1700+ 256 MB DDR.

Thanks
  • DivZ
    • Jan 2002

maybe someone can verify this but i have i read this same problem in quite a few forums. the only suggestion was that it was a flask issue. it always crashed for me using flask and 4.11 or 4.12.

were your other successful backups using 4.12 or 3.11?
    a little bit is better than nada.
    sometimes you want the whole enchilada.

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Two suggestions

1. use subtitles fix for 0.6, don't use the thunder.mism plugin.

2. rip the dvd in backup mode with smartripper
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Syris
        • Jan 2002

Divz,

Yeah I had no problems with other DVDs and Divx 4.12

khp,

1. I do have the Thunder.mism should I remove it? I never knew what it was doing for me anyway.
        As for the Subtitles fix how does that help me? Does it fix more than Subtitles?

2. I'am re-ripping T2 now as we speak in backup mode (whew takes up a lot more space huh )

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Sorry about the late response, have been busy.

1. I do have the Thunder.mism should I remove it?
          Yes please remove the thunder.mism plugin, with both it and the subtitles fix installed, you might end up still using thunder.mism.

I never knew what it was doing for me anyway.
          The thunder.mism plugin enables ifo parseing and automatic loading of vob chains.
          The subtitles fix does exactly the same, only difference is that the ifo parser in the subtitles fix is much better.

As for the Subtitles fix how does that help me? Does it fix more than Subtitles?
          Yes the subtitles fix is much more than just subtitles, with it you should be able to do multi angle movies like the matrix correctly, I doubt the thunder.mism plugin will do this.

2. I'am re-ripping T2 now as we speak in backup mode (whew takes up a lot more space huh )
          Yes it does take a lot of space. But I think it helps in some cases.

Let me know if u continue to have problems.
          Last edited by khp; 23 Jan 2002, 08:12 PM.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Syris
            • Jan 2002

Khp,

Thanks for all you're help, but I'm starting to think its my DVD disk.
            I noticed on T2 DVD minor scratches and after doing some reading I should be able to watch it with no problems on my hard drive, after ripping, with WinDVD (which I can do with previous rips). Well I can't with T2, about 10 min into it I get colored blocks on the screen and scenes that already went by repeat for a few seconds only minutes later into the movie. Plays fine thru the DVD though, DVD player must compensate somehow for scratches. I've tried DVDDecrypter and same results. I'm now trying Sector Extractor v1.2 to rip it sector by sector (yes takes 3x longer). Hopefully this will rip it properly.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

i had NO problems at all using NANDUB + ms v2.

but i'm not sure if there wasnt some sort of mastering error with that dvd!!

maybe my version simply is ok and yours aint and thus the method is of no importance!?

Comment

• Syris
                • Jan 2002

Well Sector Extractor didn't work for me either. So I went down to local Video store and rented Terminator2:Ultimate Edition

That rip didn't work either
                So now I knew it wasn't the DVD it must be something I'm not doing right. So after going thru the paces again I noticed something very important. Disc 2 for T2 had nothing but extra stuff, so that meant the "Theatrical" and "Special edition" movie of T2 was on Disc1. SmartRipper under the "Files" section was only showing 1 movie"Track VTS_01" for ripping. So I went into the "Movie"section of Smartripper and there where it shows Program Chain for Track VTS_01 it showed 3 different Program Chains !. They were 2hr16min,2hr32min, and 2hr35min. Now I know 2hr16min must be the "Theatrical" movie but the other 2 must be 2 versions of the "Special Edition".
                Anyways, I picked Program Chain 2 which was the 2hr32min movie and ripped that. It played back flawlessly in WinDVD now. I then used FlaskMpeg 0.6 and it encoded with no problem. I now have my T2:Ultimate Edition succesfully backed up in Divx 4.12 on 2 CDs.

Ive ripped and encoded probally 8-10 movies now and this is the first time I've seen multiple movies in the same VOB track. Just something I know to look out for now.

Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

Working...