Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mash
    • Nov 2003

Avi to VCD, no sound???

i had some avi files encoded using Dr. DivX, but now when i m trying to make a VCD from them using NERO 6, the video gets encoded, but there is no sound.

pls help me on this.

i even tried dvd2svcd and tmpgenc, but they both fail to recognize the file.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• Patrickswammy
      • Jun 2003

"If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input... "

You are a god.....I have been trying to figure out why my video files would come out fine....but the audio files would end up 4 and 5 hours long. totally screwing my final VCD. I tried extracting audio from the original AVI file, and it still ended up too long. I was about to do a fresh wipe/reinstall of all my codecs until I read your post. Thx a lot, keep on helping out people such as myself, please.

Comment

• QStrange
        • Feb 2004

Still doesnt work

yes i did this wat u told me to do. i tried avi to vcd and there was no sound. so i did the thing with Tmpegnc and it recognized my avi with AC3 audio and i converted to mpeg and i watch the first mpeg after it converted and there was no sound. wats wrong anyone please help me i want these on a vcd!!!! lol to watch on my dvd player anyone please help me

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

try dvd2svcd instead of tmpeg

Comment

Working...