X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venusboyz
    • Dec 2001

NanDub - eating my hard drive

Hi,

When I try to go thru the first pass using NanDub 0.21 (or any other later version) even an 8gig of free hard drive space seems to be low. I checked both "Generate Stats" and "No AVI Output". However, I figured that it creates a "__tmp__.avi" file and it's size keeps on growing. If I had a FAT32 partition, nandub ended quite early with a messgae that "File size can not be more than 4 GB on a FAT32 partition" ... then I formated my drive to NTFS and even with almost 8 GIGs of free drive space, I could not make it thru the "First Pass" of nandub (was encoding a 90 min movie).

Video is set to "Full Processing Mode", audio to None.

Please help.
    -V!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

YOU MUST have divx3 3920 installed!!!

sounds like you have divx4 only or an oither version of divx3

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"even with almost 8 GIGs of free drive space"

At any given point in time during a session on your computer, you may have far less available space on your hard drive than you think. If your drive is not partitioned, the Windows swap file ("win386.swp") may be allocating the majority of your "free" space for its own purposes.

Comment

• venusboyz
        • Dec 2001

Looks like Installing DivX 3 solved the problem (i tried with 3.11 alpha ) though results are yet to come ... but the __tmp__.avi file size is always zero bytes... which is a good sign...

There is swap file problem... as i mentioned __tmp__.avi file size was growning and consuming the full hard drive.

Thanks you guys
        -V!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Whatever works! Congratulations ;>}

Comment

• Hey Yoda
            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by setarip
            If your drive is not partitioned, the Windows swap file ("win386.swp") may be allocating the majority of your "free" space for its own purposes.
            Only in Winblows 9x. In NT/2000/XP/Linux it's all fixed size.

Comment

• techno
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Nov 2001

Yeh, I completly Agree, DIVX v4 uses a lot of CPU power and a lot of file size. DIVX 3.11alpha doesn't really use much CPU power and less file size for outstanding quality if u use the correct bitrate.

Techno

Comment

Working...