Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tlooi
    • Feb 2002

vob2audio: can't load list

I'm running Windows XP and have installed all codecs for use with DVD2AVI, VFAPI, Vob2Audio, and VDub. I've also installed Nimo 440 codec pack , Tsunami's, Lame and Radius ACMs.

I'm trying to create 2 segments of AVI from the vob files.

My problem is that I can't seem to load a vob list in Vob2Audio V0.1.0. It keeps coming up with the error: "Ligos Splitter seems to miss an audiostream! Use AudioVob option in SmartRipper or use VobTools to delete 1st segment.". Don't understand why but I've manage to use Smartripper, DVD2AVI, VFAPI with the vob files without any problems at all. Tried reinstalling Vob2Audio but doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

With many DVD rips (it apparently depends on how the DVD was originally structured) Vob2audio REQUIRES that you include the first movie VOB as the first item on your list - whether or not you want to extract the sound from THAT VOB!

For example, if you are trying to extract the .AC3 audio from "Vts_01_2", you'll need to list "Vts_01_1" first, and then "Vts_01_2". This is apparently due to the fact that, with most DVDs, the required header information is only incorporated in the first VOB (although I've come across a VERY few for which the .AC3 stream was separately extractable with Vob2audio).

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

you'll need a patched version of the ligos splitter, all else is hardly relevant.

try this version of vob2audio

use rightclick + save as!
      Last edited by UncasMS; 2 Feb 2002, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Uncas MS

Just curious - what makes this modified version of Vob2Audio SO MUCH larger than the "standard" v.1.0 (Force of habit - I'm always extra careful regarding d/ls of executable files as opposed to zipped files)?

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

additional files like the latest version of streams or patched dll and ligos splitter.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To Uncas MS

Just checked out your suggested version of Vob2Audio. Unfortunately, it too, just as the "ordinary" version, will not extract the .AC3 audiostream from a list that does not include the first .VOB.

I've emailed the author, asking if there is a "workaround". I'll post any response that I receive.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

i doubt drevil/neo29 is still working on v2a.

tsunami repacked the version i posted above, but lets see if you'll get any response.

btw: who wanted to extract sound not right from the beginning?
              did i miss anything in this posting?
              Last edited by UncasMS; 3 Feb 2002, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

If you read my first response to the original posting, I "read into" the original poster's (tlooi) stated difficulty, based on my own experiences with Vob2Audio, which yielded the identical error message.

Comment

• tlooi
                  • Feb 2002

Thanks for your replies.

I've reinstalled both versions of v2a (old & new). I'm not getting anymore load list errors but I can't seem to detect the audiostream now.

What seems to be the problem? How can I daignose this further?

Thanks.

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

sorry, i'm running out of ideas now.

i'd always recommend using the latest tsunami filterpack 391 and latest version of his tool 'streams'.

apart from that i'm not doing it in any other way.

extract your audio with dvd2avi if v2a fails!

Comment

• Cybertrunk
                      • Apr 2002

I found why vob2audio sometimes does not list audio streams.

Check your Directx version. Don't work with Directx 8, but work with Directx 7 (maybe other versions).

If somebody can have the vob2audio source code, I can patch it...

Comment

Working...