MpegFlask encoding problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mhs
    • Feb 2002

First of all sorry for the improper terms, when I say "descontinued" I mean that the sound is breaking up.

"If any of your capture programs can capture in AVI format (if not, you can use VirtualDub's built-in capture program)..."
    I suppose you are suggesting to capture video with uncompressed format, right?
    that is a way, but I´m afraid of the file size exceeds my HD capacity, I did a test of 1 min and it consumed 500 Mb.
    By the way, I couldn´t deinterlace it. I applied the internal filter of Vdub, Does it work in capture mode?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

I don't know what's bothering you (and I really don't care) but, I'll continue to be civil and explain to you that when it's obvious that someone is translating from his native tongue to English, a particular word can have a VERY DIFFERENT meaning from an English word that it just happens to closely resemble in the poster's attempt to translate.

I prefer to KNOW what someone means, rather than PRESUME to know, so that I can continue to communicate in an intelligent manner.

If, as in your other follow-on post to one of my posts, you "don't want to be a nanny", that's your business - but kindly don't presume to instruct me as to how I should or shouldn't attempt to elicit meaningful information from a poster.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

if you presume 'to know' what people DO MEAN, then this forum should be a bad choice.

i thought you had realized already that one has to be sort of a mind-reader with all these incomplete questions in here.

the more i was surprised to read that sentence of yours, knowing well enough, that normally you take your time to respond in a very explicit way.

and to me as a non native speaker of the english tongue *descontinued* doesnt look like a wrong translation, but rather like a typo.

maybe i was taken aback due to how i interpreted your sentence, the connotation of which sounded a bit harsh in my non-english tongue!
        making sure i understand a question properly by asking the initial poster is done differently where i was born in case i want it make sound polite.
        thus i dont really care how you 'elicit meaningful information from a poster', but if you care for the title 'polite poster of the year' stick to your own standards and learn to handle criticism - even from non-native-english speakers like me!
        Last edited by UncasMS; 19 Feb 2002, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Once again to UncasMS

I can only guess that you're having a really bad day my friend - as what I said is, "I prefer to KNOW what someone means, rather than PRESUME to know, so that I can continue to communicate in an intelligent manner."

So I can only guess that you misinterpreted my statement. Otherwise you would have no rreason to get it exactly backwards and say, "if you presume 'to know' what people DO MEAN, then this forum should be a bad choice."

Are you ready for my joke (so this nonsense can end)?
          Perhaps your command of the English language is not quite as strong as you believe it to be ;>}

P.S. I neither know about nor care about a "poster of the year" award...

Comment

Working...