X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagsr71
    • Jan 2005

Converting MediaCenter .DVR-MS to DVD?

Hi!

I'm rather new to converting captured TV Video to DVD. My computer has Windows Media Center and captures TV video in DVR-MS file format. I want to take that captured TV video and put it on a DVD-RW disc in order to periodically watch some of my favorite programs on different DVD players throughout my home. According to Microsoft, DVR-MS is a form of MPEG-2 that includes metadata about the recorded program to be stored.
    Also according to MS, Media Center has built in support for burning video to DVD. I haven't messed with it yet.
    MY QUESTION: Which is exactly the built-in program bundled into Media Center? Is there a guide for it somewhere? Is it qualitative? Can you edit out commercials?
    If there are better programs out there for converting captured TV video to DVD then, which ones are they?
    I use many programs including DVDshrink and DVDDecrypter for backing up my film collection but I'm not as experienced at this part of the game. Please! Help me with some input. Thanks!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

arcsoft showbiz 2 might help you with the conversion from dvr-ms to plain mpeg2

becapture might also be worth looking at:
    Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Comment

• jagsr71
      • Jan 2005

Thank you. I'll give it a try. This conversion of dvrms has been extremely frustrating to many including myself. Once again, thank you.

Comment

Working...