Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saturno
    • Mar 2002

Planet of the Apes

Hello I‘ve a problem transormin the vobs fo Planet of the apes in an avi format. Infact vobs contain also the characters’ comment and i cant exclude them from the video’s and audio’s trace. Besides the first vob hasn’t the italian trace. How can I do? Please, help me. Thank you.
  • Erci
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2001

I just did the PAL version and it worked out fine.
    There are two different tracks on the disc with the movie. One is with he comments and the other one is without. The one without is 1:55:01 if I remember it correctly and the other is a few seconds longer. So if you use Smartripper just use it's movie mode and it'll work out fine I believe. If you're in the PAL world it shuld work if you do like this.
    Let us know

//Erci
    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• Angie
      • Jan 2002

different problem for me

My problem with the PAL Planet of the Apes is that I can't get Flask or XMpeg to recognize the last several minutes of the movie. In the preview and in the encoding it ends at the shootout scene inside the derelict spaceship. This is when opening the .ifo file. Opening individual vobs gives an odd mix of mixed languages in the video and directors comment windows going in and out.

I'm having close to the same problem with Snow White, in that it cuts off just after the final "and she died" text. Going through individual vobs produces a version that's mixed English/German text.

Comment

• Erci
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Nov 2001

This seems to be a problem of multiple angles.

I sugest that you use SmartRippers movie mode and select the right angle to rip if you haven't allready done this.

Then you can read my guide if you want to use DivX3.11 since this way will give much better results then flask but it'll take longer.

If you want to use DivX 5x I suggest that you go to www.doom9.org and read the GordianKnot guide with DivX 5x.

//Erci
        DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

since you were dealing with a PAL version, in case you want to try gordianknot and divx5 take a look at my pal gk/divx5 guide.

Comment

• Rhiannan777
            • Jun 2002

just did planet of the apes myself, didnt have a problem with that one, direct encoded from the dvd root using DVDx, can use that for most dvds.. didnt use the pal setting, used the NTSC 29.97 setting with force 24hz clicked. not all can be done this easily though, there are some that are dual audio encoded, and straight encoding gets u broken audio, most of those u can rip with smart ripper then use dvd backup to encode to mpg1 and if u want to convert that dat file to reg mpg format use the mpg tool, really easy to use. at the moment i got one dvd here thats defiying all attempts to get a decent copy out of it, not giving up, so far i've managed to find ways around every copy protection ecoding i've come across.. this one neither ripping or straight encoding is working, end up with just the fbi warning thingy at the beginning and that's it. ummm not exactly what i had in mind lol. planet of the apes was an easy one though.

Comment

Working...